Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does a 40% draw rate say about the team?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So, how many points from the last SIX games?

How many points from the first six?

How many seasons have consisted of just six games?

What's the point in taking six games in isolation to make any kind of conclusion?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How many points from the last 10 then you broken record!? Where does that put us in the form table?? I'll tell you shall I, in the top 6 in the league.

Forest 21
Bolton 20
Barnsley 19
Hull 18
Watford 18
Brighton 16

Who have we just played away from home in 3 of our last 5 games: the top 3 of the form teams in the league over the past 10 games. We played very well against both Bolton and Forest and unlucky not to have 4 pts let alone all 6.

You judging the teams form on the past 6 games is just frankly a bit too simple.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It says to me that we are much harder to beat than last year and a lot more savvy when it comes to playing Championship football. Look how capitulated to West Ham this time last year - we are a million miles away from being that team.

It still amazes me how many people fail to realise just how competitive this league is. Going into last night's fixtures, there was 8 points separating 8-20th place in the league. It's the most competitive league in Europe and to be successful in it, first and foremost you need to be hard to beat. That is something we've added this year and is a marked progression (regardless of our finishing position) from last year.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
How many points from the last 10 then you broken record!? Where does that put us in the form table?? I'll tell you shall I, in the top 6 in the league.

Forest 21
Bolton 20
Barnsley 19
Hull 18
Watford 18
Brighton 16

Who have we just played away from home in 3 of our last 5 games: the top 3 of the form teams in the league over the past 10 games. We played very well against both Bolton and Forest and unlucky not to have 4 pts let alone all 6.

You judging the teams form on the past 6 games is just frankly a bit too simple.

So, you don't accept the norm of judging current form on the last six matches? Try redoing your little list based upon six games, a fairer indication of the probability of the next six, and see how we look. It is no longer any six from seven, Leicester, Forest and us all now need to be looking over our shoulder with six games and 18 points to play for.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It says to me that we are much harder to beat than last year and a lot more savvy when it comes to playing Championship football. Look how capitulated to West Ham this time last year - we are a million miles away from being that team.

It still amazes me how many people fail to realise just how competitive this league is. Going into last night's fixtures, there was 8 points separating 8-20th place in the league. It's the most competitive league in Europe and to be successful in it, first and foremost you need to be hard to beat. That is something we've added this year and is a marked progression (regardless of our finishing position) from last year.

Totally agree.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, you don't accept the norm of judging current form on the last six matches? Try redoing your little list based upon six games, a fairer indication of the probability of the next six, and see how we look. It is no longer any six from seven, Leicester, Forest and us all now need to be looking over our shoulder with six games and 18 points to play for.

Our previous 6 games to the current 6 had us pretty much top of the form table with 13 pts. So was that a fair indication of the next 6? You have an inability to take in what's being put to you don't you!? Our last 6 games featured 4 away games, 3 of which were against the top form teams in the league - in which we performed pretty well.

So no, I don't necessarily judge it on the last 6 games, I judge what I see on the pitch, the performances, our confidence. It's going to be tough to stay in the top 6, we need to win games, but I think we are playing as well, if not better than plenty of the teams around us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Does it indicate that we are a team that should do better defensively, conceding when we should be tighter at the back?.... or are we a team punching slightly above our weight, lacking the strength to finish teams off?..... or something else perhaps?

our problem is clearly getting the ball in the effing net...innit. and no we can't rely on len to single handedly cement us into a play off spot.......he needs some support , still reckon gus cost us 2points bringing dunk on at forest.....trying to waste 30 seconds , what was the point...? so perhaps a bit of naivety at management level as well .

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Does it indicate that we are a team that should do better defensively, conceding when we should be tighter at the back?.... or are we a team punching slightly above our weight, lacking the strength to finish teams off?..... or something else perhaps?

Given the name of the thread I would think that it means the team have drawn 40% of their games. However my maths were not good at school so I could be wrong:ascarf:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we get a draw against Leicester, it would not be a bad result in isolation. However, with just six points from the last six games, we are nearer relegation form than promotion form, and another draw will continue that poor run. We are not is a dogfight with other teams catching us, Forest and Leicester. Draws are little use to us, and we would be better of to have won three games and lost the other three, of the past six games. The win against the Scum was obviously great, and we have found some form over the last three games in terms of style of play - when we attack, but refering to these as "great days", I am sorry, but they are far from that.

It is hard to believe that it wasn't even a month ago that you were stating that these are not 'great' days...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

2nd best form in the league based on form for the last 6 games. Finished 4th. Someone looks a bit of a bell end now don't they

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We must be doing something right as the table shows us that over the season there are only 3 teams better than us, for that's all that counts. However I do wonder what would of happened if just 3 of those draws were wins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here