Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you really think the Aston Villa Scoreline Will Be?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's about us raising our game (obviously, sorry), which we will, and Villa having a bit of an off day - hark! perchance there doth exist the slightest possibility that they could? If we take any chances and they don't, then logic (do the Albion do logic?) dictates that we should win... if they take their chances... well... the somewhat inevitable defeat, will undoubtedly unfold, before our weary and tearful eyes. Oh! the bitter agony of a battle lost...

Personally I feel we'll enjoy being able to play our passing game (at a great venue, with a great surface) and really give it a go, and therefore I confidently predict we will emerge victorious! Like the barbarian and ramshakle horde that we are! "...and so the Wizard percieved, upon the ridge, those vagabonds of dreams, trickled beyond the outer reaches of his sanity... to the peaks beyond... past the scree, beyond the slope, atop the mountains of madness... there they doth lie, sit and wait... to all... but the lost... they are indeed dead."

Alas I should point out... that my predictions are NEVER (one for the Rev there), correct. FACT.

KOSH

Rock and Roll!

We will have to be Warriors! ALBION!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg6zqejXvqI

Attachments

• PHphoto.gif
    PHphoto.gif
    242.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
A closer game than some give credit, these smaller team always raise their games when playing the big boys but I don't think Villa have the firepower to really cause an upset. Therefore 2-1 to Brighton.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tie of the round surely?

Albion written off by everyone but, who we all know, CAN play will unsettle the Premiership team. I reckon Gus will tell them to give it everything and go for broke and not to worry about losing.

O'Neill will probably not risk his key players in a heavily competed game against lower league opponents who lack the skill not to damage his thoroughbreds.

My big fear is our famous indiscipline will cost us cards/sendings off which will hand it to them.

Provided we can avoid this then I can see a draw.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Tie of the round surely?

Albion written off by everyone but, who we all know, CAN play will unsettle the Premiership team. I reckon Gus will tell them to give it everything and go for broke and not to worry about losing.

O'Neill will probably not risk his key players in a heavily competed game against lower league opponents who lack the skill not to damage his thoroughbreds.

My big fear is our famous indiscipline will cost us cards/sendings off which will hand it to them.

Provided we can avoid this then I can see a draw.

It won't be our indiscipline that may get a player sent off, it'll be clumsiness or a failure to react to their potential pace quickly enough

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It won't be our indiscipline that may get a player sent off, it'll be clumsiness or a failure to react to their potential pace quickly enough

I was alluding to a combination of the two.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My heart says 2-1 to the Albion.

My head says 3-0 Villa.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The BINFESTERY for a replay would be off the scale. Withers hold 9,000, so we'd have to give them 1350 seats [15%], which is 450 in addition to the normal away end.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They'll probably do us by 4.

Big gulf in standard I'm afraid.....but it'll be a good day out anyhow.

BUT you never know...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The BINFESTERY for a replay would be off the scale. Withers hold 9,000, so we'd have to give them 1350 seats [15%], which is 450 in addition to the normal away end.

I thought the away end was 10% of the capacity? If we had to give 15% then Man City would have had more than just that end, which they didn't (officially). I'd very confidently say that the away end is the regulatory size and we wouldn't have to give them more seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here