Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you cook in your microwave?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Is this really possible?

I cannot poach eggs and if this really works I will buy a microwave.

We run a B&B and my other half does stunningly good scrambled eggs in the microwave but uses a pan of boiling water on the hob for poaching. If she's away for any reason poached eggs are off the menu. All of this is helped by us having fresh eggs from our own hens - supermarket ones are a pale imitation and seem harder to poach successfully.

I mainly steam rice in it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
find more meat in a Tescos micro wave curry than in many local curry houses.
But what meat is the animal from!

As for microwave use we only ever seem to use for heating baked beans and popcorn. Raised the question with Mrs SurreyJim as to its requirement after the old one broke but she insisted we replaced it

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Microwave chocolate pudding in a mug is a tasty quick dessert:

just whack into a mug:
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons water
Then any extras you want like vanilla essence, choc chips, marshmallows, nuts, etc. etc.

mix it all up and microwave for one and a half to two minutes and you have a delicious steamed pudding.

Otherwise I mainly use the microwave for reheating leftovers, pasta sauces and soups.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wife always does scrambled egg in ours amongst many other things

Get her to stop now.

I have no kitchen at the moment, having inadvertently removed it.

I was recently given a microwave which got me out a hole for a few days - but all I desire is a hob and a good pan.

So in my temporary kitchen area, I have invested in a portable single conduction hob. Marvellous thing.

Much more controllable and cleaner than a gas hob. I've never bought this gas hob nonsense. This thing heats up much quicker and at a higher temperature than any gas hob I've ever used.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:O Cheese on toast:
Make toast
spread butter on toast
add slices of cheese
put other piece of toast on top
microwave for 40 seconds :banana:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yet another vote for porridge. milk, oats and pop in for 2:15. Then add on a topping and mix in (golden syrup, honey, nutella are popular choices).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheese on toast,toast the bread in the toaster then put the cheese on top and microwave for 22 seconds.

Stat Brother,why don't you warm up the plates by running hot water over them?
Cos I can put them in the microwave, drrrr.

Good old NSC, I figured this was a proper noddy slice thread, that I'd get roundly abused for.
It turns out, I'm not mentals for not using it, and we've all been conned into having one!!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
One of my housemates at uni would always make "cheese on toast" in the microwave. I didn't trust her judgement on ANYTHING after the first time I caught her doing it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cos I can put them in the microwave, drrrr.

Good old NSC, I figured this was a proper noddy slice thread, that I'd get roundly abused for.
It turns out, I'm not mentals for not using it, and we've all been conned into having one!!

Warming plates is a perfect use of a microwave. I'm just struggling to find a use for one that involves food.

D

Deleted member 18477

I dont cook anything in the microwave. I do warm up leftovers though. I use to 'cook' baked beans, scrambled egg, soup etc in the microwave but much prefer using a hob now.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
They are bloody awful machines.

I used to use it for warming tinned food, such as baked beans etc - until one day I tried it with tinned sardines and they exploded and ****ed my microwave.

I have a mate who cooks raw bacon in it - The thought is utterly revolting, but could actually be a lot healthier than frying

Please tell me you never used to put tins in a microwave?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here