Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do we still need in this transfer window?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Feels like things have slowed down somewhat from our uber-brisk start to this window.

What positions are still on your shopping list for this transfer window?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If it closed right now even taking into account Macallister and Colwill I'd be more than happy keeping Estupinan Mitoma and Caciedo plus what we already have signed will be a result, I'm astounded nobody has sniffed around Estupinan his stats for last season were incredible.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
If it closed right now even taking into account Macallister and Colwill I'd be more than happy keeping Estupinan Mitoma and Caciedo plus what we already have signed will be a result, I'm astounded nobody has sniffed around Estupinan his stats for last season were incredible.
Agree but thinking about it none of the big names here or across Europe are in need of a left back

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Left Back
Left Centre Back
Right Back

Wouldn't mind another striker/forward player, Ferguson and Welbeck our only options so injury to either would see us short, given we have European games on top of regular busy schedule. Would bloody love Broja but won't happen.

I think quite a few seem to think Pedro is a goalscorer, but he's not particularly if you look at his record. 1 in 5.5 or something?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Left Back
Left Centre Back
Right Back

Wouldn't mind another striker/forward player, Ferguson and Welbeck our only options so injury to either would see us short, given we have European games on top of regular busy schedule. Would bloody love Broja but won't happen.

I think quite a few seem to think Pedro is a goalscorer, but he's not particularly if you look at his record. 1 in 5.5 or something?

I don’t think you’re alone in not immediately thinking of Undav. Whilst his general play isn’t perhaps up to the standard of his team mate’s and despite his Albion career making a slow start, he did make a valuable contribution towards the end of season.

I think Pedro will get some goals, it’s hard to judge a scoring record in a mid Championship Watford side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don’t think you’re alone in not immediately thinking of Undav. Whilst his general play isn’t perhaps up to the standard of his team mate’s and despite his Albion career making a slow start, he did make a valuable contribution towards the end of season.

I think Pedro will get some goals, it’s hard to judge a scoring record in a mid Championship Watford side.
Shit. I legitmately forgot Deniz. Sorry Deniz.

In that case, we're fine up top for now IMO. Maybe next year we might have to start looking at replacing/upgrading Welbeck.

Last edited:

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
LCB is the most obvious one. LB probably likely, but then again Roberto might think Lamptey is a decent cover on that side. If Caicedo moves on, I would expect another midfielder but as it stands there is already quite a lot of competition and someone else (probably Alzate) might have to move as well.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
A left-sided centre back that can ideally play left back too. I would expect Milner to play at RB and LB when needed. That would give us:

Veltman
Lamptey
Dunk
JPVH
Webster
NEW LCB/LB
Estupinan
Milner

We don't need more than 8 defenders, even with the extra fixtures. Any more defenders and the likes of JPVH won't get enough game time, and Milner will never play.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A left-sided centre back that can ideally play left back too. I would expect Milner to play at RB and LB when needed. That would give us:

Veltman
Lamptey
Dunk
JPVH
Webster
NEW LCB/LB
Estupinan
Milner

We don't need more than 8 defenders, even with the extra fixtures. Any more defenders and the likes of JPVH won't get enough game time, and Milner will never play.
Milner is a midfielder by trade !!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Can’t afford him. Like Chelsea cannot afford Caicedo. Mitoma is at risk though, especially if Mahrez leaves city. (Ps. All conjecture).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's bizarre, isn't it?

Only Don Hutchison seemed to notice, and no-one listens to him it seems.

Good thing no-one listens to Don Hutchison then! Canny enough to notice that Citeh are using CBs at LB, and were in for Cucurella lastyear though. Can't see Liverpool coming for Pervis when they've got Robertson though.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
It's bizarre, isn't it?

Only Don Hutchison seemed to notice, and no-one listens to him it seems.

Clubs might know that he would cost them an AWFUL lot of money, and with Cucurella in mind they might wait and see if he can repeat his performances from last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here