Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What did you drink when you first hit the pub

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
1983ish Toby Bitter/Greene King IPA (Downview Worthing)

- soon migrated to King and Barnes HSB (Thieves Kitchen)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did you drink in the old Adur pub (later called the Blue Lagoon, now the Gather Inn) on Hove seafront near The Lagoon. Worthington E and Double Diamond are what I started on in there (under age) 33p a pint.

https://youtu.be/7TGCrBE3JvY

I am a Worthing boy, started in The Old England, The Thieves Kitchen, the White Hart, never played away for years !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Probably a pint of Stella in the Bath Arms or a Pernod and Blackcurrant. To think I used to drink half a dozen pernods then drive home:facepalm:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Chesters niteclub Southend 1983...

3 x Gold Label and blackcurrants bought just before 9 (happy hour)...

Feeling and movement of legs gone by 10

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Beards in the Sloop, Scaynes Hill................now an endangered species, the pub, the beers long gone...........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Beards in the Sloop, Scaynes Hill................now an endangered species, the pub, the beers long gone...........

We used to have our fishing club Christmas match on the river there, followed by total carnage in the pub afterwards. It’s not that kind of pub any more [emoji3525]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to go to the Duke of Wellington ( still do) in Shoreham circa 1986 as a 15 year old but only to see the musicians. My parents drank there and were friends of the proprietors, who's son I went to school with . . . . So at about 16, I used to go to the Bridge, usually Tuesday when the scooterists met up . . To make me appear a grown up I wouldn't order cider, which I didn't particularly like, or pissy lager, so went for Southdown Ale. . .

Still on the ale 30+ years later.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We used to have our fishing club Christmas match on the river there, followed by total carnage in the pub afterwards. It’s not that kind of pub any more [emoji3525]

I was drinking in there in 71 72 when a couple of old licensees ran it, beer straight from the cask, nearest I got to fishing was the finnings!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brought up in a small village in Devon (early 80s). Age limits were nothing more than ‘guidelines’ and the barman was part of our cricket club so I knew him well. Cheapest drink on offer was a pint of ‘rough’ (cider supplied by one of the local farmers - cloudy and in a wooden barrel, **** knows what was in it). 50p a pint - a couple of quid was enough to **** your guts up for the following day at least, which was awkward as a 15 year old sometimes.

Progressed to purple nasties once I had a job. Half of rough, half of lager, pernod and blackcurrant. Happy days [emoji23][emoji23]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went from castlemaine XXXX in the park to snakebites/ kronenburg in the pub. Sailor Jerry's and coke now

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Pernod & Black, yes

got very ill on that once

Me too!

We won a football cup when I was 17 ish and playing with fully grown gladiator men.
The local boozer had a nice long row of optics; we went along that row filling that cup up and topping it up with Cinzano.

We were hardcore, I was puking like a cat with a furball for hours, and all I could taste for days was the Pernod.

Special times.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Bitter shandy and a pack of Riley's salt and vinegar crisps✓

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here