Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What did you drink when you first hit the pub

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember buying, actually standing at the bar paying with my own cash, Hofbrau lager, which my local had on draft.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Snakebite and black.

:lolol:

This.

Was £2.50 a pint at Shakespeare's Head just off Western Road. A tenner had me wrecked as I might not have been 18 at the time.

Rock night at the Gloucester used to be £2 a pint so I'd add a shot of Vodka that was 50p to make it an even £5 a time.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Snakebite black double vodka and Pernod.
Great start to any drinking session.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This.

Was £2.50 a pint at Shakespeare's Head just off Western Road. A tenner had me wrecked as I might not have been 18 at the time.

Rock night at the Gloucester used to be £2 a pint so I'd add a shot of Vodka that was 50p to make it an even £5 a time.
A group of us used to go to Hove dogs on Thursday evenings in the late 80s, all of us underage. One of the sixth formers in our college worked the bar and turned a blind eye to us young un's getting smashed.

I still have a pint every now and then, I quite like it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Harveys 4 pints, 15 years old in a pub in Hawkhurst.

Threw it all up on someone's front lawn.

Do I win ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worthington E and McEwans Tartan, Watney's Red Barrel was widely available but I avoided it like the plague, also rattling around when I started was Double Diamond, Christ, beer drinking was shit back then !

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bottles of Holsten Pils...

I was 16 and got served in a working mens club. Lots of them.

It didn't end well for me and I woke up with my legs in my pyjama top and my arms in my pyjama bottoms, banging headache, to find my Mum and Dad had to kick the front door in to gain access to their own home as I'd locked the door after me when I staggered in and left the keys in there.. punish:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Gin and tonic . Didn’t have all the fancy gin’s or tonic waters to choose from when I first went to a pub . Well actually it was a big wine bar / restaurant in Frith street, Soho

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Worthington E and McEwans Tartan, Watney's Red Barrel was widely available but I avoided it like the plague, also rattling around when I started was Double Diamond, Christ, beer drinking was shit back then !

Did you drink in the old Adur pub (later called the Blue Lagoon, now the Gather Inn) on Hove seafront near The Lagoon. Worthington E and Double Diamond are what I started on in there (under age) 33p a pint.

https://youtu.be/7TGCrBE3JvY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here