Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we learn today? - on the field

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did AJ get on then? Must have missed that - I got a bit lost at the end (not at the ground, just following on tele). So does that mean that the only player in the squad who didn't get on was Gyokeres?

He did alright.....one excellent crossfield pass to Lamptey I think and got stuck in. Yes re Gyokeres I think, only one who missed out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have I missed something re: Stephens? He was on the pitch for 10 minutes!

Agree about Bissouma. Standard performance from him these days, just class.

Not at all he normally gets slated so thought I'd give him some credit (though he didn't do anything)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surprised no one mentioned how ****ing good Burn was. Should easily be the left-footed CB Southgate is looking for. Its just a really good player and should be taken seriously rather than people considering him "the freak on left back".

He could really benefit from playing in a 3-5-2 as the left of the three centre backs. Most will think think that Webby is nailed on to start in front of him. I'm not 100% sure.

Or of course Burn might get stuck out at wing back where he will win a few headers from rushed Ryan clearances but will generally be wasting his career as he won't be able to show what he can do

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Surprised no one mentioned how ****ing good Burn was. Should easily be the left-footed CB Southgate is looking for. Its just a really good player and should be taken seriously rather than people considering him "the freak on left back".

Don’t think he’ll be starting for us if we sign a LWB.

Not as good as Webster on the left of the three CBs IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don’t think he’ll be starting for us if we sign a LWB.

Not as good as Webster on the left of the three CBs IMO

Webby a terrific player, but I just wonder if in some games GP will think that Burn offers more natural balance. Maybe White misses out?

Who knows. What incredible competition for places we have

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What did we learn about Ali J today?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He could really benefit from playing in a 3-5-2 as the left of the three centre backs. Most will think think that Webby is nailed on to start in front of him. I'm not 100% sure.

Or of course Burn might get stuck out at wing back where he will win a few headers from rushed Ryan clearances but will generally be wasting his career as he won't be able to show what he can do

Its a dirty centre back (wb as well tbf) situation. Everyone (yes) of them should be sweating, all of them are high quality and got potential to be even better.

3-5-2 as a predominant formation has gone from likely to very likely

Veltman and Lamptey are competing for one spot

Burn and Webby are competing for the left CB spot

Molumby is ready

Don't rule out Solly as the most likely for the LWB spot

Bissouma is good. (ok we knew that anyway)

We're going to have some fun with Ben White chants when Leeds come down (probably knew that one too)

We need to have a chat within the club about who is taking pens

Trossard is an option is a centre forward position

Having Duffy in your team is brilliant fun

Not many long posts on here I can barely disagree with a comma on but yes this

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Webby a terrific player, but I just wonder if in some games GP will think that Burn offers more natural balance. Maybe White misses out?

Who knows. What incredible competition for places we have

Absolutely. Great competition not forgetting Veltman

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Absolutely. Great competition not forgetting Veltman

Yeh, i'm glad we've loaned out Clarke and Ostigard, my brain was finding itself unable to compute all the options

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Its a dirty centre back (wb as well tbf) situation. Everyone (yes) of them should be sweating, all of them are high quality and got potential to be even better.

My measure is when people are, in all seriousness, questioning whether Dunk should start. That's when we know the competition for places is red hot

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suggested on another thread that this season could see the gradual phasing out of our older/slower midfielders - i.e. Gross, Stephens, Propper and Mooy. Mooy's off to China (good luck to him BTW), and this afternoon has done nothing to persuade me I was wide of the mark.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
But not a great ratio to pens taken, methinks. Hughton obviously didn't fancy, nor has GP until NM missed again today.

I don't think that was a GP decision.

Gross won the debate with MacAllister and then Connolly.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Two unconvincing pens in a row from Neal. Very convincing from Pascal ... but will he be on the pitch when the pens come along?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here