Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we learn today? - on the field

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Just catching up with match and comments. Stand out for me is Alzate praise. I've really rated him from early on, a real talent. What potential in that partnership with Bissouma. What's Bissouma's current contract? Get him on a 5 year minimum now!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think Veltman is competing with Lamptey for wing back but can also see him slotting in a back three as well. Looks like a brilliant signing also Pascal Gross may not be the quickest but technically brilliant. Solly March might be the answer for left wing back thought he was excellent. Ben White and Lallana both slotted into the system effortlessly. Stephens and Molumby came on and imminently grabbed control of the midfield. Pre season friendly so can't get too carried away but I think Potter is building perhaps the best ever Brighton squad.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Maupay in the number 9 shirt is confusing.

Connolly in the number 7 shirt is confusing.

Maupay should not be on penalties, let Mac Allister take them or Gross.

Walton is very unlucky.

I will miss Shane Duffy.

Solly is a decent LWB.

Bissouma was the best player on the pitch.

Exciting season ahead.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The 3 centre backs looked really good and Veltman for a first showing looked a class act.

Solly proved he is a capable back up option on the left but still feel we need to strengthen there.

Trossard is much more effective out wide on the left than through the centre.

Alzate is a serious option in the middle of the park

The younger players have definitely been bulking up in the summer!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think March can be our utility player down the left, either filling in at LWB (if our new one is injured/not signed yet) or on the left of a 3 in the absence of Trossard for e.g. With that in mind I can see us selling or loaning out Bernardo once we've brought a new LB in.

Feel for Walton, really hope it's not too serious, thought Bobby Sanchez was alot calmer on the ball and made an important save at the end. If we don't buy a new keeper then I can see Sanchez stepping up for the no 2 spot, with Button moving on to WBA (apparently).

As others have noted, very pretty football until we reach their box and then we run out of ideas. It's almost like we're giving a girl the most unbelievable foreplay but when it's time to get down and dirty we find we've only got a 2 inch dick :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We remembered just how good it is to be watching live football again.

What did we learn:
Ben White is very good
Veltman is impressive.
Alzate is class.
Bissouma keeps getting better.
Molumby looks like a very good prospect.
We do need another striker.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Selection issues abound!

Veltman looked assured in the first half and Lamptey in the second. Not sure both of them and White can start. Similarly you've probably got Propper, Stephens, Molumby and Sanders competing for two midfield spots in the 18 when we get going (like others I liked Alzate and Biss together so those 2 spots may well be on the bench, to boot).

In other news Gross isn't done yet. Looked great when he came on. And Webster was superb at LCB. I genuinely can't believe the comment that said he shouldn't be there. Was playing right in front of me in the first half and was comfortably one of our best players.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Selection issues abound!

Veltman looked assured in the first half and Lamptey in the second. Not sure both of them and White can start. Similarly you've probably got Propper, Stephens, Molumby and Sanders competing for two midfield spots in the 18 when we get going (like others I liked Alzate and Biss together so those 2 spots may well be on the bench, to boot).

In other news Gross isn't done yet. Looked great when he came on. And Webster was superb at LCB. I genuinely can't believe the comment that said he shouldn't be there. Was playing right in front of me in the first half and was comfortably one of our best players.

Webster was one of our best players after lockdown and the added competition will push him on even further. We really are spoilt with quality in that area of the pitch

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
It will be interesting to see who takes our next penalty... Maupay’s record is actually really good. He’s scored 8 and missed one in all competitive games during his career.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
March AGAIN needs to believe in his own ability. Needs re-booting and an upgrade in operating program.

Stephens played well.

Biss was the best player on the pitch of any side.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Selection issues abound!

I think i'm in a minority here, but I personally think Veltman will start more games that Lamptey this season, however I can see this as our most common sub. After 65 mins the tiring oppo full back realises Lamptey is coming on for him to deal with. Demoralising

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
March AGAIN needs to believe in his own ability. Needs re-booting and an upgrade in operating program.

Stephens played well.

Biss was the best player on the pitch of any side.

Solly is standing up for himself against James though. Good to see

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I think March can be our utility player down the left, either filling in at LWB (if our new one is injured/not signed yet) or on the left of a 3 in the absence of Trossard for e.g. With that in mind I can see us selling or loaning out Bernardo once we've brought a new LB in.

Feel for Walton, really hope it's not too serious, thought Bobby Sanchez was alot calmer on the ball and made an important save at the end. If we don't buy a new keeper then I can see Sanchez stepping up for the no 2 spot, with Button moving on to WBA (apparently).

As others have noted, very pretty football until we reach their box and then we run out of ideas. It's almost like we're giving a girl the most unbelievable foreplay but when it's time to get down and dirty we find we've only got a 2 inch dick :lolol:

...... but what is the length?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here