Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did Oscar say at the end of the interview?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He does not spend the money,the club does.Therefore he gave the right answer .( At least it was not "Maybe we have reached the ceiling " )

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There isn't any evidence. People try to read between the line, the trouble is most of the time there is nothing between the lines, so they fill it up with their own nonsense.

I just heard the interview with radio sussex at the end he is asked when does he start planning for next season. He says he has to tell the players that hes proud of them, and we will see what happens. To many that will mean he isn't happy and is going to leave.

You need to watch the Sky interview and not the BBC one

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I did. I couldn't understand what he said at the end, and I ain't going to put words into his mouth. Oscar is Oscar he felt and thought the same for both interviews.

He said ..... you will have to ask the club .... have another look and listen enough people heard it

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I suspect what I have suspected for some time. Gus Poyet had a good reason to throw his toys out the pram and the board is continuing to make monumental mistakes in regards to running this football club.

This season was an incredible chance to gain promotion, but we sacked a potentially world class manager and didn't invest into the playing squad. I can't help but fear we will rue this missed opportunity, because we won't be getting 25,000+ crowds forever.

Poyet did not want to be with us this season, so it doesn't matter that we sacked him.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Such a fickle bunch, can I hire you all out for wakes? He said that he was proud of his players for getting this far despite all of the set backs that he has had to deal with this season. I have never known a manager beset with so many problems yet still produce a team which on another day could win the division. He feels for us the fans, remember he played for a football club that is owned by the supporters, you could see and feel his hurt so lay off him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Whats wrong with that? Its how the club works, and how it worked when he came here. He didn't say he wasn't happy with the situation either.

Oh dear lets add a bit more .... The question was ... WILL YOU LOOK TO BRING EXPERIENCED PLAYERS IN DURING THE SUMMER TO WHICH HE REPLIED YOU WILL HAVE TO ASK THE CLUB NOT ME ... Surely he should be taking the lead on this and not be dictated to

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Oh dear lets add a bit more .... The question was ... WILL YOU LOOK TO BRING EXPERIENCED PLAYERS IN DURING THE SUMMER TO WHICH HE REPLIED YOU WILL HAVE TO ASK THE CLUB NOT ME ... Surely he should be taking the lead on this and not be dictated to

Why? He is Head Coach. Why do you assume that he is better at identifying players than other people at the club? Why do you assume that he doesn't prefer this system?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He also said that leading Brighton into the Premier League would be the highlight of his career.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have a strong hunch that Oscar is on his way.

Same here

I've heard a couple of things in the past week that sadly seem to suggest this may well be the case.

Shame if true because we won't be able to see what he could do with a fully fit squad

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I suspect what I have suspected for some time. Gus Poyet had a good reason to throw his toys out the pram and the board is continuing to make monumental mistakes in regards to running this football club.

This season was an incredible chance to gain promotion, but we sacked a potentially world class manager and didn't invest into the playing squad. I can't help but fear we will rue this missed opportunity, because we won't be getting 25,000+ crowds forever.

So were you personally going to fund the extra millions to try to achieve this? even though spending those millions didn't guarentee that we would have been any better off (QPR and Forest this season for example and Leicester and Blackburn in previous seasons)

Very easy to over simplify things and make sweeping judgements and just smack of kneejerk reactions, how many clubs have struggled financially in recent years by over-stretching themselves without necessarily securing their objectives.

And what if we were to gain promotion, we could end up in a worse place financially trying to stay up and lose the crowd because they get bored of watching us lose every week - At least we are relatively competitive in the Chasmpionship as 2 top 6 finishes in a row would suggest with our current playing budget

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Same here

I've heard a couple of things in the past week that sadly seem to suggest this may well be the case.

Shame if true because we won't be able to see what he could do with a fully fit squad

If this is the case, then it's a severe case of Deja Vu from last season, when someone else hit the "ceiling"!!

The ironic thing is, if the club would untie the purse strings slightly, then the Promised land of the premier league might come along quicker than that, and then the money situation would seem to be as bad as it has been after each of the last two seasons!

I know if I was manager of this team I would want complete control over who I could and couldn't sign, and not be told I have to have player "z" on loan from whoever! And also start him whenever he is fit!

Just hoping the academy can fulfill the promise that it potentially shows, and we have a team of players that we have produced through the ranks in years to come. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here