Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What determines a ****

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They don't have to be expensive, mine cost £250 and there are thousands at that price on the DVLA site.. Some people are happy to spend that on a couple of pairs of trainers, which I happen to think is a bit ***** :wink:

Exactly. Mine was £250.

It's one letter, 2 numbers and then 3 letters. If one of the last 3 letters was a different letter, it would cost £100k+ That's silly money and a status symbol.

The thing that made me laugh was when you buy one off the DVLA, they say you're not allowed to alter the spacing etc... But they will happily sell you J1 MXX knowing fully that it'll be on a car as J1M XX.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone who is rude to waiting staff or shop assistants are top of the **** list. I can’t stand people who talk down to others. Add people who are rude to cleaners at work and people who are so effing special they think it is okay to leave their used mug with a bit of water in it In the sink rather than wash it properly or even put it in the dishwasher. Arrogant ****s

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I do too. This seems a very odd reason to mark someone out as a ****. If you don't like them or see the point of them, don't buy one. Does the OP also have a problem with, I don't know, Ed Sheeran fans or people with tattoos?

I didn’t say they were *****, I said they were *****. .’Don’t misquote me Simster.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, you'll hate me, I did employ people, retired now, but I have personalised plates on the cars, and a few on retention. I've been buying and selling them for years, and have had a couple of nice holidays on the profits. Will sell "FA66 ENG" as we start to approach the World Cup, such events always inflate the value 20% or so.

I’m surprised Sir Geoff Hurst hasn’t got that one.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Exactly. Mine was £250.

It's one letter, 2 numbers and then 3 letters. If one of the last 3 letters was a different letter, it would cost £100k+ That's silly money and a status symbol.

The thing that made me laugh was when you buy one off the DVLA, they say you're not allowed to alter the spacing etc... But they will happily sell you J1 MXX knowing fully that it'll be on a car as J1M XX.

The DVLA will sell you the plate J1 MMX - job done.
It’s the purchaser who decides to get it illegally spaced, and could at least in theory get clobbered by the police…… and it does happen.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've got a BHA one don't give a toss what others think of me.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There are plenty of versions of B055 I do tend to think dickhead when I see one. On another note I was sure I was behind Knockhaert the other week black Audi with a number plate AK and a couple of numbers can’t quite remember.

…47, could have been a gangster, fam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I’ve got one……fairly subtle, and conveniently masks the fact my car is getting old. Wasn’t expensive, and would get most of the money back if I sold it :shrug:

Interested to know why it would annoy/affect in any way at all anyone else

So long as you can find another **** to buy it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Alfa 916 per chance? Or perhaps an older stepnose?

Yes a 916, I lust after a stepnose but the prices have gone mental

BFBCEB6A-D5D8-440C-86BB-486417BBCF37.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There are plenty of versions of B055 I do tend to think dickhead when I see one. On another note I was sure I was behind Knockhaert the other week black Audi with a number plate AK and a couple of numbers can’t quite remember.

A few years ago I overtook a black Range Rover on the M3 round Winchester which had the number plate D11NKS, with a black screw strategically placed low down between the 1s to make them look like a U. I did wonder……

And a while ago at the toll booths to cross the Severn Bridge I was behind a blue BMW (or similar) with lots of BHAFC stuff on it which had a numberplate which actually read fairly clearly SEAGULL….. which must have been something like SE46ULL. I wasn’t sure whether to be impressed or think what a #@*%!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anybody who has a personalised numberplate. Especially if you employ other people.

In fact a double **** if the spacing of the letters and numbers is moved in attempt to make a name more readable, or the screws are moved in attempt to make a different letter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely! I have a long time ambition to own a Busso engined Alfa!

I'd love a stepnose too, but for the same reasons as you've stated it'll likely never happen!

Mine is a TS, by choice. It may not be as quick but better balanced and more suited to the chassis imo. Bussos are fabulous though, I had a couple of 3 litre 164s, fabulous long distance car and as they said at the time “best sounding engine this side of a Ferrari” Ridiculous torque steer and a foot to the floor getaway in the wet risked a “hello Mr Sheep” experience every time :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here