Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What could possibly happen for Murray NOT to win the SPOTY 2013?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
He's gotta be nailed on for a knighthood, let alone sports personality of the year.

Why does it have to come to England at all when it is the Tour of France not Europe, sorry cannot stand bike riders either competitive or for pleasure going up Ditchling Beacon or diving in and out of traffic in a town.
I guess you missed out on the TdF's visit to Brighton. There was no diving in and out of traffic. It was, in fact, a superb spectacle, enjoyed by thousands.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A British person has won Wimbledon more times than any other nation though?

That's because for about the first 50 years of the tournament, only British players were allowed/in a position to enter!

Since 1936 and until today, the United States had won the men's singles 27 times and Australia 16 times during the time that Great Britain had not won once. That's why it's a big deal.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The Tour De France tends to have one stage that takes place in another country most years. It went to Belgium last year, for instance. This year it hasn't gone to another country, but there was a stage that took place in Corsica. It's just part of the tradition of the race.

I'm sure when I was a child of about 7 or 8 my mother took me to watch the Tour of France coming down Ditchling Road in Brighton. Have I imagined that?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I guess you missed out on the TdF's visit to Brighton. There was no diving in and out of traffic. It was, in fact, a superb spectacle, enjoyed by thousands.

1 million I recall, the highest ever stage viewing was mentioned at the time...the finish along the car free Marine Parade was extraordinary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here