[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'm now reading "Leaving Alexandria", the autobiography of Richard Holloway, and "Ancient Light" by John Banville, truly one of the greatest living writers.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom by TE Lawrence, the film was loosely based on the book charting the Arab uprising from Lawrence's own view.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
"Charles Dickens - a Life" - by Claire Tomalin. Also: just finished "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry", by Rachel Joyce, and absolutely loved it

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Double Cross by Ben Macintyre - all about the D-Day spies that convinced the Germans the invasion would take place at the Pas de Calais. Very interesting. Would recommend his others as well, Agent ZigZag and Operation Mincemeat.

Also read Billionaire Boy by David Walliams and the Hunger Games trilogy at last!

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Just finished " The Devil of Nanking" by Mo Hayder. Partly based on the Japanese invasion of China in 1937. As many as 300,000 inhabitants of Nanking perished at the hands of the savage Japanese army. This book is not for the faint-hearted reader.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer. Just finished As the Crow Flies. It's a brilliant story if a little bit far fetched, but he writes easy-to-read addictive books

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Halfway through Perfect People by Peter James, quite a scary insight into the possibilities of designer babies, well researched as with all his books and took him 10 years to write.

Great book! Wait til you get to the end! :)

I've just finished To My Best Friends by Sam Baker (chick lit)

And half way through an awesome book - The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris. If you run a business I'd recommend this book as a must!

Also part way through The Kindle Publishing Revolution by Ryan Deiss (currently free) business owners and anyone with even the remotest thought of writing a book will learn loads from Ryan's newsy book

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The English Monster by LLoyd Shepherd. A murder mystery set in Regency London.
Before that read The Underground Man by Mick Jackson and All Quiet On The Orient Express by Magnus Mills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports