Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From the Holy Mountain - William Dalrymple

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No Way Down, Life and Death on K2 - Graham Bowley

Up there with Into Thin Air and Touching the Void in terms of gripping mountaineering reads.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
"Backroom Boys" by Edward Smithies, it's a collection of personal testimonies of Men and Women who built,designed, serviced and flew aircraft during WW2, very interesting,gives a whole new perspective of the crucial seldom heard roles played by "ordinary" people to help win the War.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Last Bloody Straw by JD Kirk.

On holiday in Scotland got this recommended by a guy in Glasgow waterstones.

Set on Canna, near Skye where we went.

The best book I've read this year. I will be getting more from this author and reading them from the safety of home on the south coast.

Highly recommended.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ask Bearders. A fine sign off from the TMS Statistician, Cricket has such amazing stats, such as a batsman who was killed in the fIrst innings by a blow to the heart and was given out second dig as 'Retired Dead'. :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

My third attempt at that a few weeks back, and my third failure. Binned it off 50 odd pages in this time, the furthest I’ve yet managed. I know it’s considered a classic but ‘the bird’ just doesn’t sing to me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Accomplice - Joseph Kanon

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ask Bearders. A fine sign off from the TMS Statistician, Cricket has such amazing stats, such as a batsman who was killed in the fIrst innings by a blow to the heart and was given out second dig as 'Retired Dead'. :lolol:

Was that Andrew Ducat? I know he died in the middle of a match.

Ian Folley did too but I think he died after Bearders did

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
My third attempt at that a few weeks back, and my third failure. Binned it off 50 odd pages in this time, the furthest I’ve yet managed. I know it’s considered a classic but ‘the bird’ just doesn’t sing to me.

Yes, the early pages are hard work, but I am determined to see it through.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Peter James - The Secret of Cold Hill. Almost seems to read in real time. Unputdownable for 80 or 90 pages, a bit frustrating where I am now, but hoping for another 100 odd unputdownable pages runout to the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here