Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Aspects of the Daily Human Routine Bore You the Most?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Definitely going for a piss in the night. Jeez so annoying. But at my age perhaps I’m asking too much.
I can’t do the ‘don’t look at the time’ thing, because if it’s early, I’m well happy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
41 posts and nobody has mentioned going to work!!! I would shave my face, chest and nutsack every day of the week if it meant I could have the rest of the day not working

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
41 posts and nobody has mentioned going to work!!! I would shave my face, chest and nutsack every day of the week if it meant I could have the rest of the day not working

I absolutely love My job so it’s not a chore for Me, waxing Me spuds in the summer though?... don’t get Me started on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I hate filling the car up, to the extent that I run it to fumes to reduce the time at the pump. Such a waste of time.....bring on perpetual motion

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Perhaps Im a simple soul but I quite enjoy many of the things on that list, The daily shit, shower, shave, iron shirt routine is fine as I listen to the radio (and who doesnt love a good shit?) the commute is 20 minutes in a nice car with the podcast of my choice.

The family are a joy as I kept it to one kid - everyone I know with more than one has a hell of a time.

Other things I have made easy - 20 pairs of black m&s trunks. no choice, always some in the drawer - no dramas

Electric toothbrush - life is good

I could have written the same word for word (we clearly have matching underwear drawers) except Mrs D and myself have two children. Not hell, but certainly enough to keep us busy.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I hate pooing, shaving, and making the bed.

And when it stops raining, I’ll hate mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges (not a pube euphemism) too.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Being a teacher and running two football teams means dealing with needy/demanding people is a daily chore that I could do without (yes I know, it’s my job).
Food shopping or shopping in general isn’t just tedious, it’s stressful. Hate is a strong word but I hate shopping.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Showering and drying myself. It’s a total pain. Particularly the drying bit. Despite supposedly being an adult I still feel I don’t know how to do it properly.

Drip dry!

Elbow bump, I hear you brother.....

We start trying about 8pm and before you know it, it's bloody 10 or 11pm...

When she is asleep then you can just relax, often I "want" to crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate a great victory....

I have 3 kids and they’re all in bed by 8:30 pm every day, no exceptions.

We’re creatures of habit and routines bring structure to an otherwise manic existence.
I enjoy my routines and will do any house chore

Except folding clothes, that’s just bullshit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why don’t people who hate shaving grow a beard or stubble? I agree it’s a waste of time so to the hairdressers next to my office every two Fridays and get them to clip my hair and beard. Easy peasy and it’s rather relaxing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Telling the missus how great she looks with new hairstyle, new dress, new skirt etc.

Why do women need constant reassurance about every aspect of their appearance!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst also being told that we should not judge women on appearance.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wearing a suit to work I really really hate undressing and putting my suit back on a hanger. No idea why but hate it!

I'm fortunate that my workplace is fairly relaxed when it comes to clothing, but if we have to put on a whistle for an important meeting or event it pisses me off, irrationally. I think it's years of being self-employed and wearing whatever I wanted.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's work for me but in a general "Grrr I hate going to work" way.

I hate that the thing I'm good at (tech) isn't what I want to do and what I want to do (writing) doesn't pay the bills.

I guess the real issue I have is that we have to work, probably at things we don't want to do, in order to have a roof over our heads. That shit sucks.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Work?

Oh yes, I remember!

Retired last year and loving it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here