Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Aspects of the Daily Human Routine Bore You the Most?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Showering and drying myself. It’s a total pain. Particularly the drying bit. Despite supposedly being an adult I still feel I don’t know how to do it properly.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I always found ironing a bit soul destroying so I gave it up.

Plucking facial hair is pretty tedious as it just grows back again

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As I get older I hate the act of having to go for a Weeeeeeee

Especially as I have to get up at least once during the night now - That ''Pisses'' me right off - Pardo the Pun

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Perhaps Im a simple soul but I quite enjoy many of the things on that list, The daily shit, shower, shave, iron shirt routine is fine as I listen to the radio (and who doesnt love a good shit?) the commute is 20 minutes in a nice car with the podcast of my choice.

The family are a joy as I kept it to one kid - everyone I know with more than one has a hell of a time.

Other things I have made easy - 20 pairs of black m&s trunks. no choice, always some in the drawer - no dramas

Electric toothbrush - life is good

I love positive people like you. Where did I go wrong....??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Trying to get my kids to f**k off to bed so I can try and remember who I am.

Elbow bump, I hear you brother.....

We start trying about 8pm and before you know it, it's bloody 10 or 11pm...

When she is asleep then you can just relax, often I "want" to crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate a great victory....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps Im a simple soul but I quite enjoy many of the things on that list, The daily shit, shower, shave, iron shirt routine is fine as I listen to the radio (and who doesnt love a good shit?) the commute is 20 minutes in a nice car with the podcast of my choice.

The family are a joy as I kept it to one kid - everyone I know with more than one has a hell of a time.

Other things I have made easy - 20 pairs of black m&s trunks. no choice, always some in the drawer - no dramas

Electric toothbrush - life is good

You smug b*stard! :lolol: :wink:

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Telling the missus how great she looks with new hairstyle, new dress, new skirt etc.

Why do women need constant reassurance about every aspect of their appearance!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Contact lenses. It only takes a out 30 seconds to remove and pop into their pots but just one more hurdle between me and my bed.
Even dailies are a pain as you have to open new ones every morning.
Hanging out laundry and then folding and putting away comes a close second.
All essential, all a bore.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Washing is a pain generally, sleeping is a waste of time, being tired even more annoying, making sure I don't look a mess takes too long and is even more annoying if I forget, commuting is annoying in a car (but I quite like it on a train unless it's a train full of people) - I don't mind being nice to people, though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This!

Nothing worse than waking up, going for a pee and not being able to get back to sleep.

Especially when you know you have to get up in a couple of hours.

If you have to get up in the night the golden rule is never look at the time. Psychologically it won't help you getting back to sleep if you register that you will to get up in XX hours.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The routine of paying bills absolutely sizzles my shit...

Just when you think you've paid them all, and you've got a clear stretch ahead... an unexpected one leaps up from behind a hedge, flicking you two v-signs and laughing. :annoyed:

Then, when you've managed to scrape up enough to square off the unexpected one - the expected ones start dropping on the old doormat again.

As far as daily routines go, I'd say shaving. If I win the lottery I'm going to have that treatment where it zaps all the follicles and no more hair grows. I'll look as baby faced as Trossard. :hilton:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a daily exercise/stretching 20 minute routine to keep my left knee and other joints from giving me grief .....essential but a tad boring

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Washing up & getting ready for bed for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here