Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Albion signing got you most excited?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Signing Bobby the first time, I went out and stuck my largest ever bet for us to win league two as soon as I heard he had signed permanently and it paid off very well.

Closely followed by re-signing Bobby and him capping it with that glorious late winner at Leeds. A hard and dirty celebration.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
CMS for me. At the time it seemed the perfect antidote to Murray leaving because of not getting on with Poyet. As we all know it never really worked out and a shame as really nice bloke and professional.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back in the day: Mark Flatts, Paul Dickov

Amex era: Wayne Bridge, Tomasz Kuszczak.

And Dean Hammond :dunce:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It has a touch of irony about it, but I was very excited about Terry Connor leaving the mighty Leeds United to join us, 1983 I think?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Mine was Brian Clough too ...

When they announced it on Radio Brighton I just could not believe that a serious bit of football quality like him was coming to "lil ole Brighton".
Shame we were only a [short] stepping stone to the MIGHTY LEEDS for him !!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Bobby Smith, ex Spurs and England legend playing for little old Brighton & Hove Albion, in the old 4th Division, you must be having a laugh shirley!
And that's how you challenge keepers, take him and the ball into the net.:lolol:

bobbysmith2.jpg

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The announcement of Poyet coming in as manager was a particularly exciting signing, even though he was inexperienced in management, it was clear that his name would attract a higher standard of player - which turned out to be the case. He also started our transformation from the lower leagues to Premier league regulars, it is still frustrating that he let his ego get in the way in the end.
Hopefully he looks back regrettably, although I doubt it, he is probably off playing golf somewhere!
Ees complicated!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Alan Biley. (****ing useless :lolol:)

Also LuaLua.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The announcement of Poyet coming in as manager was a particularly exciting signing, even though he was inexperienced in management, it was clear that his name would attract a higher standard of player - which turned out to be the case. He also started our transformation from the lower leagues to Premier league regulars, it is still frustrating that he let his ego get in the way in the end.
Hopefully he looks back regrettably, although I doubt it, he is probably off playing golf somewhere!
Ees complicated!

F**k Poyet. He was so damn sure he was God's Gift to the Albion. First manager in recent times to benefit from loosened purse-strings. Guess we'll never know who could have achieved a bit more on the field while maintaining a bit more humility off the field :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not the most excited, but I remember the signing of Bruno making me think "blimey, so Vicente wasn't just a one off, we can now shop from the likes of Valencia!"

Obviously Bruno did turn out to be a QUITE good signing, also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here