Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a night

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well done blokey.The best palace poster since sjlm hung up his keyboard. i now have to face five palace fans at work. Best team won. What annoys me more is the lack of effort. Palace wanted it more so much more. We bust a gut against liv and leeds and that was a whimper. unacceptable.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Palace played well, I feel the difference is, GP and the players don't really have any idea about the rivalry, freedman has played in them, so he got palace fired up.

Painter summed it up in his interview on the radio from a few days ago, it was just another game.

Sent from my iPhone using telepathic powers.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
You have to hand to us, we played you off the park in the 2nd half, That was sweet revenge for your narrow 1-0 win at Selhurst.

I will admit I was very worried in the first 20 mins your football was great, some lovely one touch passing football, but once Zaha and Williams got the better of your back defence and midfield there was only one team in it.

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Hmmm, not really any gloating, a fair assessment of the game, should respond in kined...

...aww sod it,

SHUT IT, NIGEL!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well done to Palace, they deserved it. I felt we were better for the first 15 mins of each half, but they were better overall. It was so obvious Murray was going to score at sone point, but I barely saw him for the first half and hour, he didn't get a look in. I was never patciularly worried when he left, I always had a slight concern whether he would make the grade at the higher level for us, I it looks like I was wrong.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
As much as it hurts to say Palace gave us what we deserved. Well done Palace. The best team won, but we wont be making that same mistake again when we visit you.
We made Palace look stupid in the first 20 minutes then we suddenly started dropping off allowing them to play and dictate us.

Their first goal was coming, we could all see it happening in the second half. 1-1, I would have accepted that, but then 1-2 and my nightmare was complete when Murray finished it all off making it 1-3.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well beaten no doubts.

Agree about the Palace fans being quiet until the second half. Thought they would cheer their men on through thick and thin, no matter the score? Granted them made some good noise when they did score but it was pretty late by then!

Don't know if it was the Liverpool and Leeds games catching up with us that just stopped us playing after 20 minutes. Don't know if the Calderon factor had anything to do with it? Either way we were very poor but I don't see Palace as a team far superior to ours or anything (as the 1st 20 mins showed). Just they seemed to want it more and us going ahead so early on was probably a blessing in disguise for them. Painter worries me more and more each game.

Oh well, we need to regroup and go again on Saturday.

SEAGULLS!

We went 1 up and looked pretty good. It all ent downhill from there. We couldn't retain possession, and on the rare occasions we did have the ball we hardly looked threatening - other than the Lua Lua run and cross in the 2nd half.

Well played Palace; we got exactly what we deserved for a piss poor performance.

What did I take from the game? We desprately need someone who can hold the ball up & Casper is not in good form at all; although the back up option is even more scary.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Fair assessment by Croydonbloke, can't bring myself to say "well done", have been a Croydon bloke for 10 years I'm in for some serious sh*t.

After the first 20 mins Palace simply outplayed, out muscled and out thought us. They defended in our half and on the half way line once again we defended far to deep. They had done there home work and just stopped us from playing our game and we simply didn't have a Plan B so resorted to lumping it which really isn't our style.

We scored early and then everyone from the players to the fans got nervy, we really needed a second goal but never reaaly looked like getting one.

I also thought there manager made better decisions which changed to course of the game.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Well done blokey.The best palace poster since sjlm hung up his keyboard. i now have to face five palace fans at work. Best team won. What annoys me more is the lack of effort. Palace wanted it more so much more. We bust a gut against liv and leeds and that was a whimper. unacceptable.
Cheers, what happened to SJLM? I did find our boys fought for every ball which made a huge difference. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If that was you completely outplaying a team then you must have been utter shite in previous games. You won it due to incompetent defending at the end. It was a poor match with one or two decent personal performances from your lot.

Bad performance from us but if your players think like you then you are in for a rough few matches

Your username sums this post up

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the turning point in the game was Bridcutt's yellow card.

He was wary about putting a foot in after that, and it handed the initiative to Palace, especially with both Harley and Dicker reluctant to get their boots muddy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought the turning point in the game was Bridcutt's yellow card.

He was wary about putting a foot in after that, and it handed the initiative to Palace, especially with both Harley and Dicker reluctant to get their boots muddy.

That just about sums it up perfectly for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here