What a night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
You have to hand to us, we played you off the park in the 2nd half, That was sweet revenge for your narrow 1-0 win at Selhurst.

I will admit I was very worried in the first 20 mins your football was great, some lovely one touch passing football, but once Zaha and Williams got the better of your back defence and midfield there was only one team in it.

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You have to hand to us, we played you off the park in the 2nd half, That was sweet revenge for your narrow 1-0 win at Selhurst.

I will admit I was very worried in the first 20 mins your football was great, some lovely one touch passing football, but once Zaha and Williams got the better of your back 4 there was only one team in it.

Yes you did. Well done. Zaha is quality. We'll beat you at Selhurst.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
For some reason we backed off and let you back in it. If we had decided to carry on playing football instead of being spineless, gutless c*nts it would have been a different result!

Who was the blond number 20 - looked your best player?

Zaha reminded me of LuaLua - quick and direct but prone to go to the ground to easily. He was lucky to stay on the pitch but so was Bridcutt.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Lost our legs, your fans were useless until the hour mark. You certainly weren't a 12th man. But yes, it was coming. We're on our way back from oblivion and in time we will rise to leave you behind. Enjoy it for now.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not sure why we stopping playing after about 20 minutes. Worst performance over 90 minutes that I can remember from a GP team

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

Zaha reminded me of LuaLua - quick and direct but prone to go to the ground to easily. He was lucky to stay on the pitch but so was Bridcutt.
John Williams 17 yrs of age, young welsh prospect, I agree Zaha has a tendancy to fall to the ground too easily but he is quick and causes all sorts of problems for many defences.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
For some reason we backed off and let you back in it. If we had decided to carry on playing football instead of being spineless, gutless c*nts it would have been a different result!

This, by far is my favourite post ever! You are 100% correct and have put it brilliantly. Why did we back off?!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Only heard it on the radio so obviously I've got a false perspective, but it sounded like there was only one team in it after the first ten minutes - and it wasn't Brighton. One of the commentators said we'd been 'outclassed' and long before the equaliser I'd said to my wife "I'll take a draw now."

So well done Palace, you have the honour of being the first team to win a league match at the Amex. I guess we'll have to build a new ground now to erase the shame!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I will admit I was very worried in the first 20 mins your football was great, some lovely one touch passing football, but once Zaha and Williams got the better of your back defence and midfield there was only one team in it.

If that was you completely outplaying a team then you must have been utter shite in previous games. You won it due to incompetent defending at the end. It was a poor match with one or two decent personal performances from your lot.

Bad performance from us but if your players think like you then you are in for a rough few matches

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
well done we were beaten by the better team on the night and can i applaud glen murray for the way he conducted himself with great dignity in difficult circumstances and lead your line very well, showing just because he left us dosn't stop him being a very good player

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Didnt remind me of Lua Lua 2011/12 season - Zaha beat players, created, looked up for it, didnt fall over

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Palace had a game plan and stuck to it, zonal marking which left no space for the quick balls forward thatwe like to play. We looked like the second half against Leeds for the 1st 15 minutes, but after that we just looked Knackered, Im not sure whats happened to Calderon, and I cant understand Barnes playing down wide, he looked lost and we had no natural outlet and I cant get my head around the Noone Subbing, he was the only player with spark. Some strange decisions on a very strange night.

Hats off to the Nigels though, deserved the win on the night, although 3-1 flatters them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Consider it handed to you. You played without fear and beat us fair and square. Whatever happens this season you will always have last night to look back on and enjoy. The best team on the night won. I thought your front four were neat and mobile and had good support from the midfield, not something CMS or Barnes could have claimed to have. Very impressed with Zaha, despite his theatrics he lived up to his billing as one to watch. Also an honourable mention for a classy performance from Murray too. Thought he conducted himself well throughout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports