Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've only got ourselves to blame for our dwindling attendances

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
And this cretin is PAID for his views??

Surely anyone, even without the slightest bit of football knowledge, could work out that AS A BUSINESS it makes sense for the club to offer the facility to buy tickets to as many people as possible, as often as possible. There is nothing to be gained from shutting up shop, this is a restriction placed upon us, and hardly a secret.

I'd love to know if the guy on the phone actually said it was against club policy, or did in fact point out that it simply wasn't possible.

What a total bell end

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How ignorant can you get? What an arse.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Someone email him and set him straight on his errors. I'm sure the facility to do so is there?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Ian Winward. I shall be writing to the Mirror to demand an apology what a wanker.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
seriously cant believe he gets paid to write that nonsense!

dwindling attendance? i think you'll find we've sold out pretty much every home game.

and i'd hardly call mid table a season that is rapidly plummeting..

it reads like a bitter man throwing his toys out thet pram because he couldnt get a ticket for the game! maybe if he was a bit more organised and tried ringing his own clubs ticket office he'd have a better chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not bothered about his ignorance of our situation, but it makes you wonder how many times he has, as an 'ardent' Barnsley fan, actually gone to any of his team's matches recently.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
In his little picture he looks like a total bellend

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our attendances are actually up by about 250% and again, another stat sorry, we sit top in all of England and probably Europe on that particular growth.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I had to sign up and say something, what a twonker. I'm in the south stand tomorrow if we had pay on the gate it would just be half empty

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I googled his name and the word Barnsley and there are other articles where he just moans. You guys have got it right. The bellend hasn't got himself organised and now hasn't got a ticket so is using his column to sound off.

Oct 25, 2003
a sentence in a newspaper should really be between 15 and 25 words.......I learnt that in my first week of training

his 2nd sentence is 11 words and his 3rd sentence is over 40 words long

he also opened the whole article with a lower case letter

did this article go to print or was it just online? I genuinely can't believe it got past the editing process (not to mention the complete lack of ANY research)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Which ever one of you lot registered as "bhafan" and made the comment below, all I can say is :bowdown: :bowdown:

Made me laugh out loud :thumbsup:

What a complete CJTC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In his defence, he is a music journo (so he says)...

Screen Shot 2011-11-05 at 14.50.22.png

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's from Yarkshire-don't be so shocked that he's ill-informed and mouthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here