Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've lost Leon Best

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Most frustrating thing was he had attributes to be a half decent striker. Was tall, quick and strong but his attitude appeared to stink which to me is the worst type of footballer. This is what you get over paying footballers. A breed of lazy players with over inflated ego's

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Why hasn't anyone posted a YouTube of that Nick Berry song yet? This forum really has gone to the dogs...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I know I will be in the minority, even a lone voice, but I am more pleased that we have lost CMS. The loan for Best may not have worked, but I still think his all round game has far more potential than either COG or CMS. I am not saying that he showed that to warrant his staying with us, but I think supporters of Leicester, Huddersfield and Bolton would say something similar about Beckford, and for whatever reason he has found some good form with PNE (Yes, in League 1) but a player who now has confidence to match ability will cause plenty of problems in the Championship. Best will find his PNE, and if fit, and with confidence, maybe it could have been us..

It was never going to be us thank god. I take your point though and this is where Bmuff have been so successful because they do a hell of a lot of research into potential players to make sure they will fit into their team/club ethos. Assuming we have a clear team ethos under Hewton I like the fact that he is apparently looking for two more strikers and I hope that these, and all the new players he brings in, will be properly researched before money changes hands.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did we lose him? Surely we just kept the receipt and returned him as he wasn't of merchantable quality (too many inherent defects)!

(Yes, I know we only loaned him).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think Leon Best lost us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a nailed on AMEX hat-trick for Best.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Although I was reservedly happy with CH being appointed, it does concern me that he holds Leon Best in such high esteem. ???

I can't help thinking that, if he held him in that high esteem, he would be trying to sign him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It was never going to be us thank god. I take your point though and this is where Bmuff have been so successful because they do a hell of a lot of research into potential players to make sure they will fit into their team/club ethos. Assuming we have a clear team ethos under Hewton I like the fact that he is apparently looking for two more strikers and I hope that these, and all the new players he brings in, will be properly researched before money changes hands.

Totally agree on the CH front. I found his comments on the striking options front most encouraging.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Leon Best hasnt gone anywhere. He walked out across the pitch only made it as far as the half way line and then has stood still on the halfway line with his hands on hips ever since.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Leon Best was over-valued at £1.5 million when he went to Newcastle. Why Blackburn paid £3 million for him is anyone's guess. It's clear that he just isn't that good. He should either retire or join a League 2 or possibly a League 1 club but will probably stay at Blackburn for the rest of his contact and £1,664,000 a year salary and you can't really blame him for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here