Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wetherspoons

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Quite liked the one in Norwich with the ridiculously high ceeling. Poyet will like it there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's one in West India Quay that isn't terrible. Also one in Cheltenham that seemed ok apart from [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] 's wig.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I usually go to Burgess Hill during the morning and pass there coming off of the bus and have had a breakfast a couple of times each time wife and I being the only people in there. It obviously must be busy at some times but not when I see it. I do know they cut back on the staff shifts due to the disappointing turnover. That came from a manager of another branch, who I knew when he was a barman for me, before he worked for Wetherspoons.

About twenty of us off the site have a full breakfast on a Friday morning.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The Isambard Kingdom Brunel in Guildhall Walk Portsmouth is also a decent one, it is near the University though so can be full of students, but the service, food and beers were very good when I went last year.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Peter Cushing in Whitstable is a converted 1930's Art Deco style Cinema and a cut above yer average 'Spoons.

The Summoner up the coast in Sittingbourne must be one of the worst, wall to wall Kent Chavs - even the Barstaff sporting black eyes!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The Isambard Kingdom Brunel in Guildhall Walk Portsmouth is also a decent one, it is near the University though so can be full of students, but the service, food and beers were very good when I went last year.
White swan 3 minutes down the road actually sells a site brewed beer cheaper than spoons.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Took a g\f to Margate for the weekend once. What a (dog) toilet the place was. They haven't heard of 'Bag It Up' when their mutts do their bizzo on the pavement...

The Spoons was cheap, and had a disco on the Friday and Saturday with a small dancefloor, and a DJ that made Vic Spangle from Dear John look like he was Amph-ed off his nut...

Apart from the stunning Turner Gallery, there wasn't much going on, but I did see lots of re-generation posters, so perhaps it's now on the up?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Went in one in Littlehampton, got a pint, sat at a table, then this pensioner came and sat down and asked me if I was a member of the 'Table 15 crew.' I asked what he meant and he said we were on table 15 and that is where he meets his mates every lunchtime, and they had had t-shirts printed to that effect :facepalm:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Was in there only last week and I must admit that it is one of their better establishments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here