Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] West Indies v England 1st ODI

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Doesn't appear to be broadcast anywhere TV or Radio.

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

West Indies 6 down need 12 from 9 balls.

Edit ... Didn't go to the last over Shai Hope hits Sam Curran for 6 to bring up his century and then another to win the game.

Anyone know why no one is broadcasting this?

Jul 7, 2003

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

Edit ... Didn't go to the last over Shai Hope hits Sam Curran for 6 to bring up his century and then another to win the game.

It’s on TNT sport

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

Watched most of the WI innings (on TNT, ch 527 - they have the whole tour I think). Did a great job chasing down the total but some of our bowling was turd, Curran in particular.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

Who wants to watch this , after their crap performance in the World Cup , it means nothing , don’t understand why they are playing it ,
better off have a rest

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I watched most of it, Salt and Jacks batted well and staked a good case. Bowling in general was poor, especially young Samwise Curran who had a bad day. Not quite the reset I was hoping for, but close to the toilet I was expecting.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

For obvious reasons given the result...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm out here looking after a tour group for all eight games. I don't think many people travelling really give a shit who wins.
Today the locals were laughing and dancing, the sun was shining, cold beer was being drunk, music was playing and there was plenty of kindness being shared.
It felt wonderful leaving behind the cold and dark and all the media coverage of the middle-east, Ukraine, Artificial Intelligence and shit politicians.

We've been transferred to another world for a few weeks where people move slower, laugh more, and seem to worry less.
I'll be home on Christmas Eve, without having bought a single present, and I'll look forward to enjoying a lovely evening at The Amex when we entertain our Spurs friends.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm out here looking after a tour group for all eight games. I don't think many people travelling really give a shit who wins.
Today the locals were laughing and dancing, the sun was shining, cold beer was being drunk, music was playing and there was plenty of kindness being shared.
It felt wonderful leaving behind the cold and dark and all the media coverage of the middle-east, Ukraine, Artificial Intelligence and shit politicians.

We've been transferred to another world for a few weeks where people move slower, laugh more, and seem to worry less.
I'll be home on Christmas Eve, without having bought a single present, and I'll look forward to enjoying a lovely evening at The Amex when we entertain our Spurs friends.
Sounds awful. Stay strong mate 🤣

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Going to the last over

England 325 all out

It’s on TNT and Talksport

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Who wants to watch this , after their crap performance in the World Cup , it means nothing , don’t understand why they are playing it ,
better off have a rest

As a man of a certain age I have a very soft spot for the Windies and just wish they could once again be a force in all forms of Cricket, cricket needs them.

Growing up and working in south London in the 80s and knowing so many West Indians the joy they got from cricket was there to be seen, and what fantastic cricket teams they had.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
A decent length highlights programme is available on youtube. 15minutes but no chat or fat in it so you see quite a lot of actual cricket:

Obviously it's unfair to comment based on highlights, since by their nature you only really see batters getting out playing crap shots or crap deliveries being carted over midwicket for 6, but given those limitations:

Sam Curran bowled an awful lot of crap deliveries that were carted over midwicket for 6.

A lot of people on here would have had palpitations if they'd seen Livingstone's LBW live.

Shai Hope has an outstanding ODI record, but his career strike rate would fit right in the West Indies team of the 80s. That was comfortably his fastest ODI hundred.

I could listen to West Indian commentators all day. And David Gower still sounds good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here