Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham win their first game at new Stadium.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
quite interested in their new stadium.

Looks quality. Apparently was very noisy for the first game , bet it will take few years to get going though.

They will miss Upton Park before they know it

I was there last night...

hammers-1.jpg

The view from the back row lower in the CORNER was fine, because it's where the running track is at its most narrow.

hammers-1-2.jpg

The removable seating is very messy though. There are loads of areas like this.

hammers-1-3.jpg

Surely they're going to cover up the athletics bits?

hammers-1-4.jpg

The managers' technical areas are HUGE. The coaches and subs are miles back and low down - the worst views in the place (except far ends, I guess).

hammers-1-5.jpg

They didn't switch on the lights at the ends of the stadium - too far away from the pitch!

Also...

A bottle of coke was £2.80 - lolz.

Many fans started leaving on 75min to beat the rush home.

After the match, everyone was directed to walk on roads AROUND the Westfield precinct, not through it, making it a very long walk back to the Tube.

On Saturday afternoons that will mean fans mixed with shoppers' cars. Will be chaos.

Finally at station, I overheard a little girl say: "Will it be like this after every game, daddy?" - er, yep!

I think Hammers will miss the Boleyn Ground a lot.

Attachments

• hammers-1.jpg
    hammers-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 146

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
"Like watching a game of Subbuteo from the attic" was a quote I saw somewhere.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have wondered about how poor the view would be, but have been informed by many with an opinion in advance that it would be fine.

It seems the jury is still out then.

An opinion in retrospect ... I was there last night. Sat about half way up and the view was fine. Not as good as the Amex though!

The atmosphere was good and will be better for the Premier League. My West Ham-supporting mate, who invited me, was very happy with it.

Getting in and out was easy and there are numerous food and outlets very close by.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wonder how many non Hammers actually went if two on this thread have already said they were there? Can we safely say this bulked up the attendance by 5,000+?

PS: The screens are fantastic!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How long till the current owners offload the club at a huge profit to some funny money owner?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I wonder how many non Hammers actually went if two on this thread have already said they were there? Can we safely say this bulked up the attendance by 5,000+?

PS: The screens are fantastic!

I doubt there were 5000. Judging by all around me in the bars outside beforehand and in the stands, I'd be surprised if there were more than 1-2000. Those I met were very friendly and complimentary about BHA!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
One quote I saw "we have sold a Vintage Ferrari and bought cheap tat" ( which would be quite funny, but should read "Given cheap tat by the tax payer" ! )

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There are some cracking comments on this thread.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164789&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=340

Not least:

"Several young Muslim men got their prayer mats out and were praying under the concourse of the West Stand at half time.

I do not suppose there is anything wrong with it, just doesn't belong in a football stadium in my opinion and could see some confrontation in the future.

Would assume it also means the club have been giving out free tickets as they did not seem particularly 'West Ham'."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here