West Ham 'We've got Payet' T shirts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If Albion did one of those for Knocky I'd definitely have it for a fiver.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well, you could say that about every owner for every club, no owner has anything to do with the football decisions. But the gruesome twosome hire and fire the managers and provide the funds so you could say they did have something to do with getting promoted.

And yes, the move to the Olympic stadium isn't great but it was something supported by 85% of the fans.

I bet the likes of Blackpool, Notts County, Morecambe and Newport would like to be "soulless" in a brand new stadium in the Premier League

They did, but they voted on lies, squad investment, the gap between the pitch and the stand would not be as bad etc etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Former hostage Terry Waite calls for Payet release.

Humanitarian Terry Waite has led calls from the international community for West Ham United to release Dimitri Payet, who is currently being held against his will.
The former hostage has paid an emotional tribute to Payet, whose situation has become increasingly desperate, pleading with West Ham to cease their inhumane treatment of the French playmaker.
“To think of this poor man being made to play the sport he loves in front of tens of thousands of adoring fans and being given just £125,000 per week brings tears to my eyes,” Waite, who was held captive in Lebanon between 1987 and 1991.

“I remember when I was being tortured by sympathisers of Hezbollah in a windowless cell, doubting I’d ever see the light of day again, I kept thinking ‘at least I’m not the standout creative talent in a team that aren’t quite capable of breaking into the top half of the Premier League table’.
“While my 1,763 days of captivity may have seemed bleak to me, I’ve never known the agony of wondering when my next European fixture may come and knowing it’s more or less out of my control unless we shore up the defence.”
Teach him a lesson
Payet does have solid case in law if he tries to take West Ham to the European Court of Human Rights, as Common Article 3 of the Geneva Convention forbids taking hostages at any time and in any place, with Clause d) even stressing that seeking to escape mid-table mediocrity isn’t justifiable cause.

West Ham’s leader Slaven Bilic has insisted that he’s willing to let Payet walk free, but only when his demands are met.
“[To secure Payet’s release] We want £50 million to be left outside my office, or failing that £40 million and a precocious midfield talent,” a statement from Bilic to FourFourTwo reads.
“Until then I fully intend to force Dimitri to sit on a cushioned seat and to do literally nothing for his £125,000 per week. I know that sounds cruel, but it’s the only way he’ll learn.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/former-hostage-terry-waite-calls-payet-release

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If he's refusing to play or train, would West Ham be justified in withholding his pay?

And if he played under duress and started being a mardy arse - not running, passing to the opposition, shooting at his own goal, would WH have any comeback?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If he's refusing to play or train, would West Ham be justified in withholding his pay?

And if he played under duress and started being a mardy arse - not running, passing to the opposition, shooting at his own goal, would WH have any comeback?

Didn't Forestieri have a little bit of a rebellion a while back, he's playing again.
They'll never win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports