Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Newcastle
Man City
Man Utd
Birmingham City
Hull
Charlton

I would dispute Man City on that list, not really bad owners and I think most of the fans are quite happy about what has happened in the last few years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I dont get it why are you looking for a t-shirt on a West Ham website :shrug:

It was (a very clumsy) reference to Payet telling West Ham he wanted to leave the club, whilst the commercial department are selling the 'We've got Payet' T-Shirts.

In retrospect I shouldn't have bothered, think I must have been having a Timmy moment :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Venkys at Blackburn.

,,,who were so clueless about football when they bought the club agreed a price for Rovers on the basis of perpetual membership of the Premier League, not realising that clubs could get relegated.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good call.

Coventry City too, judging by their recent fans' protest on the pitch and even-emptier-than-the-Madejski stadium.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coventry City too, judging by their recent fans' protest on the pitch and even-emptier-than-the-Madejski stadium.

Cov have been royally shafted by the offshore hedge fund that owns the club. Having been shifted to Northampton to play for a while, the return to the Ricoh has proven to be a false dawn, as Wasps rugby club keep all the cash from the commercial deals, conferencing, catering etc at the stadium.

If you look at Cov's balance sheet, there's no stadium, a squad (intangible assets) with a net value of £17,000, less than what the Albion pay some players in a week, and debts of over £40 million.

Even broadcasting income is affected, especially by those fans who broadcast live from the stadium, preventing Cov making a fortune from that source of revenue.

Coventry.PNG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cov have been royally shafted by the offshore hedge fund that owns the club. Having been shifted to Northampton to play for a while, the return to the Ricoh has proven to be a false dawn, as Wasps rugby club keep all the cash from the commercial deals, conferencing, catering etc at the stadium.

If you look at Cov's balance sheet, there's no stadium, a squad (intangible assets) with a net value of £17,000, less than what the Albion pay some players in a week, and debts of over £40 million.

Even broadcasting income is affected, especially by those fans who broadcast live from the stadium, preventing Cov making a fortune from that source of revenue.

I don't see much hope for Coventry there.

As an accountant, don't you think that a club like that,with no assets, would be better off going to administration? They could then do a Palace/Pompey/Leicester and write off their debts, accept the points deduction and start again with a clean slate?

No-one is going to buy them as they are and that debt will just pile up.

Coventry's plight does highlight how nonsensical is the notion that West Ham's owners are the worst in the land

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm playing devils advocate here but 2 seasons ago we stayed up by the skin of our teeth.The atmosphere around the ground for home games when Hypia was in charge was nasty.If He hadn't resigned when he did I doubt he would have been sacked in the immediate future & we would have probably been relegated.Where would we be now if that had happened.Would CH be our manager no chance.
Would PB be our CEO I doubt it.
Would TB still plough millions into the club searching for the EPL I doubt that as well.
If all those things did happen we could possibly in the same position as teams like charlton,Portsmouth & Coventry.

All I'm saying is enjoy the good times but be mindful of how quickly thing can change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm playing devils advocate here but 2 seasons ago we stayed up by the skin of our teeth.The atmosphere around the ground for home games when Hypia was in charge was nasty.If He hadn't resigned when he did I doubt he would have been sacked in the immediate future & we would have probably been relegated.Where would we be now if that had happened.Would CH be our manager no chance.
Would PB be our CEO I doubt it.
Would TB still plough millions into the club searching for the EPL I doubt that as well.
If all those things did happen we could possibly in the same position as teams like charlton,Portsmouth & Coventry.

All I'm saying is enjoy the good times but be mindful of how quickly thing can change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would have obliterated L1 with 20k crowds but it certainly would have set us back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't see much hope for Coventry there.

As an accountant, don't you think that a club like that,with no assets, would be better off going to administration? They could then do a Palace/Pompey/Leicester and write off their debts, accept the points deduction and start again with a clean slate?

No-one is going to buy them as they are and that debt will just pile up.

Coventry's plight does highlight how nonsensical is the notion that West Ham's owners are the worst in the land

Cov's debts are mainly to a company associated with Sisu, the hedge fund that owns the club. Things there are very complicated, due to the Ricoh's ownership, Wasps, Coventry City council all having vested interests. As always the lawyers are getting rich and the fans are being shafted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here