Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham looking at poyet

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
rumours around upton park are that avram grant has 2 games to save his job, with the board of west ham having a good look at gus poyet to take over the reigns of a club likely to be in the championship next season.....:angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gus would be foolish to jump ship now. History shows that he is an intelligent man, took jobs that taught him something and worked his way up. I do believe that he would be sensible enough to give West Ham the wide berth.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Im sure if that were the case he would speak to his mate Zola who would tell him they are a bunch of knuts and to keep well away!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
think about if he went now and west ham went down they could be in the position we could be in next year after relegation whereas we will be there after promotion...common sense would say stay where you

Although West Ham would be guaranteed £48m over a period of four years, in parachute payments and they would have a greater income potential. It all depends on whether he was a crack at the Premiership now or bide his time. I get the feeling he will want to see how his current job turns out.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Well, al I can say as an HR Manager is that I hope Mr Grant has Ben through a proper disciplinary procedure, otherwise may have a claim for constructive dismissal!

If you have been I'll treated at work call .............

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Although West Ham would be guaranteed £48m over a period of four years, in parachute payments and they would have a greater income potential. It all depends on whether he was a crack at the Premiership now or bide his time. I get the feeling he will want to see how his current job turns out.

Still with debts of 80 mill though BOF.

History is against them as well, only one team bottom at Xmas has ever survived the drop.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Firstly to everyone deluded enough to think that we are as attractive as the West Ham job dream on. They are years ahead of us in terms of base support, squad and facillites. If they came calling then Gus would be very tempted.

Secondly, there is no chance in hell that West Ham would want Gus Poyet in their position. It is imperative that they stay in the Premiership according to Gold and Sullivan and employing a manager who has nothing more than division 3 experience to keep a team in that league would be suicide. Never ever going to happen, they will want top flight experience.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Firstly to everyone deluded enough to think that we are as attractive as the West Ham job dream on. They are years ahead of us in terms of base support, squad and facillites. If they came calling then Gus would be very tempted.

Secondly, there is no chance in hell that West Ham would want Gus Poyet in their position. It is imperative that they stay in the Premiership according to Gold and Sullivan and employing a manager who has nothing more than division 3 experience to keep a team in that league would be suicide. Never ever going to happen, they will want top flight experience.

Good call

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Granted. I don't know enough about who is owed what.

Why did Gold and Sullivan take over that basket case?

In theory, our debts are equal/greater. Thankfully it is a 'friendly' debt.

Fans ? Been a basket case for years, a classic example of a club living beyond it's means.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

I choose to believe this

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed. It'll catch up with most clubs eventually. Sadly not one that will make the authorities sit up and take note (and actually do something). You know things are going from bad to worse when the academy stops producing.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Gus has made his money,What he needs now is a cv,He has the chance to do that with us.
Gus poyet is a very clever man,he knew that if he kept us up last season he would be given a decent budget
this season to improve the squad knowing we are moving to falmer. He is a big name in league 1 & has good contacts
in the premier league so he will attract better players to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here