Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham Fans Forum

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am in London at a relatives house and he is a West Ham ST holder. We will watch tonights game on stream and he said before each game a list of the best streams are put on forum. In addition which did surprise me and assume it has ok from the club there is also a ticket section on forum where ST holders can sell there tickets. Only rules seem to be not to ask more than ticket value and not to sell to a tout.
Just surprised they get away with this.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don’t believe there are any restrictions for selling your WHU season tickets if you can’t use them. Some people bought several season tickets when they moved there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I highly doubt the club would sanction streams. It is a rights infringement.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I highly doubt the club would sanction streams. It is a rights infringement.
The OP doesn’t say the club have sanctioned the advertising of the streams, they say the club have presumably sanctioned the ticket exchange/sales part of the forum.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Are you being surprised again @amexer ha ha ?
Yes I am. Especially as I often struggle to get a stream for Albion away games. My relative said these come up 5/10mins before game. Certainly surprised club on behalf of broadcasters have not stopped it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am in London at a relatives house and he is a West Ham ST holder. We will watch tonights game on stream and he said before each game a list of the best streams are put on forum. In addition which did surprise me and assume it has ok from the club there is also a ticket section on forum where ST holders can sell there tickets. Only rules seem to be not to ask more than ticket value and not to sell to a tout.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disgraceful! Tickets going to people aren't registered with the club, who haven't paid to become members, who just want to watch the match. That's not how proper football clubs work, surely?

Next thing they'll be allowing bottletops in the ground ...............................

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In addition which did surprise me and assume it has ok from the club there is also a ticket section on forum where ST holders can sell there tickets. Only rules seem to be not to ask more than ticket value and not to sell to a tout. Just surprised they get away with this.
Guess it works at West Ham because they have so little trouble at matches.

No, wait...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not every club wants to sell the same ticket twice 🙄

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes I am. Especially as I often struggle to get a stream for Albion away games. My relative said these come up 5/10mins before game. Certainly surprised club on behalf of broadcasters have not stopped it.
How can the club stop links to streams being posted to a web forum that presumably the club don’t run/control?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Saves a lot of pissing about

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In addition which did surprise me and assume it has ok from the club there is also a ticket section on forum where ST holders can sell their tickets. Only rules seem to be not to ask more than ticket value and not to sell to a tout.

I’m guessing the club turn a blind eye if it keeps their fans happy and the stadium full. Which is probably because they don’t have PB as their CEO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Saves a lot of pissing about

Does that actually work? Such an easy way to get round the TV rights issues that it seems too good to be true. Unlike all the illegal streams doing the rounds, VPNs are legal and Peacock is allowed to show the matches, so hard to see what the case against it would be.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
. Only rules seem to be not to ask more than ticket value and not to sell to a tout.
I suppose they are all just lovable rogues up there and it’s still ok to leave the front door unlocked at night. I wonder how these “rules” are enforced and policed.
Quite frankly I wouldn’t want the family of 4 STH who sit near me selling their tickets to a bunch of Herberts who the club has no information about.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Does that actually work? Such an easy way to get round the TV rights issues that it seems too good to be true. Unlike all the illegal streams doing the rounds, VPNs are legal and Peacock is allowed to show the matches, so hard to see what the case against it would be.
Yeah it does work.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Out of interest, and mixing threads a bit, what’s the general view at Wet Spam about David Gold? I know the atmosphere there was toxic for quite a while and the Gollivans were not popular.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s quite normal in football to pass on or sell YOUR ticket to someone if you can’t go. The Albion unfortunately, have brainwashed many with the nonsense they put out that people swallow. And not often I criticise the club but their ticketing policies are woeful and quite simply untrue in many circumstances - ‘other clubs build in the fee for season ticket sharing in their prices’ is a particular laughable one…!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here