Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This.

I’m signing off to make way for the Potter Out idiots to drown in their own sanctimonious bile.

I expect the club to get rid of Maupay, Connolly, Welbeck & Trossard in the summer and rebuild our front line which is the worst at shooting in the football pyramid.

Well said @%1;

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So we shouldn't look at the performance ok. Wierd stance you have. In your opinion that result was the same as us never leaving our half and conversing hatfulls of chances to them? Give over.

You get the feeling like people would be more happy if we’d managed to win games by other teams scoring own goals while we’ve had 20% possession, 0 shots and 0 on target. We would be ****ing shit, and yet Potter would be deemed to be ‘doing something right’.

In the real world, if we weren’t creating chances then I would be blaming the manager. Truth is, if we took a decent amount of chances we would be breezing this league. When it comes to chances being missed, that’s down to the players.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I really can't see how anyone thinks Potter is at fault for that.

He's stuck to a settled team (which many posters said was the most important gap, during our last bad run)
He's brought on attacking players and injected a bit more urgency in the second half.
Tactically, we were making clear cut chances against a team parking the bus,

The players need to take ownership of this one.
Welbeck and Gross in particular. No point having experience on the pitch, if they aren't going to use it.

Connolly's miss was horrendous, but no point piling onto him.
You think the Mac off at half time for Lallana made sense? You think changing formation to 442 for the first time in ages worked? Our first half tactics effective? Picking Connoly a good idea? Continuing with Maupay?

I swear Potter would need to curl out a turd on the half way line for some people to admit something bad on the pitch was his fault.q

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Another disgusting result in yet another must win game. Pathetic. Players not stepping up to be counted, manager that looked clueless. Players with zero confidence and no self-belief. No trust amongst the payers, no one taking responsibility. Pathetic!

You shit players have ruined yet another weekend, so thanks for that.

Would be good to get relegated now, to have a proper clear out and come back stronger, hopefully. Tony then might realise you have to buy a decent striker.

FUMING!!!!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We’re now a thing.

Like Ajax or Brazil.

An entire way of playing football that commentators can refer to in order to describe other matches or sides.

6e106d199a7c6e425c50b222625146d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure if i should laugh or cry.... cry i think.

D

Deleted member 2719

Thought Bissouma poor again today, after an off day against Palace. Was very Stephensesque, at one point stopped play completely, turned around and rolled it back to Dunk, something he hasn't done all season.

Just an observation - he's still our best player this season mind.
Yeah, I noticed this, he played very deep and wasn't himself, however, the missed shots again cost us the game, they do virtually every game.

I think the forwards need to practice with a beach ball, they may learn how to keep the thing down!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We never look like scoring? We can’t hit a barn door but Connolly had one saved today and missed from 6 yards, Maupay had one saved as well just before half time, Dunk actually scored, Trossard had one blocked by a great tackle and we had 2 penalties. We repeatedly ‘look’ like scoring - more than most Albion teams I can ever remember - it’s just the final touch.

Exactly, we dont look like scoring.

Getting into a few goal scoring positions does not mean we look like scoring.

I mean, we missed two pens and resulted to trying to nab a cheeky freekick (which im fine with).

1 goal in 65 shots is that stat isn't it?

We pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, then lose the ball or play for a corner (which we are terrible at too).

We do not look like scoring and contrary to the pundits beliefs, we really are not exciting to watch.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Murray even at his age would have scored plenty this season no doubt. Our forwards are an utter shower of sh*t. We haven't addressed it when its been obvious and GM helped cover it up but now its clear for everyone to see. 65 chances in 3 games 1 goal 2 missed pens and 1 point...should be a health warning watching us this season. Won't be covid that gets me it'll be the stress of watching us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That does not delete my posts. I am sick and tired of being associated with the shit on here.

True, however the usual ebullies won't give up on you, they feel it is their divine right to slap anyone down they disagree with

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Out of interest, which other strikers should he be picking, being that Zeqiri has never scored a top flight goal and Welbeck has been injured?
I know its a mute point because he's injured but Potter did think what he has was better than Andone. I can't believe that is true. As I said I also cannot believe that Murray wouldn't be doing better either.

Both passionate players that give their all and experience at hitting the net. Compare that to our rookies and Wellbeck laziness.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Why do we persist with Maupay when he’s clearly out of form? We aren’t scoring goals yet we continue with the same striker!
Trossard is another player who I struggle with, he’s clearly a talented player but when he’s bad it’s really bad.
Gross couldn’t make a pass to a yellow shirt yet stayed on and Ali Mac comes off for the Big name Lallana who has done nothing of note from joining apart from pointing at everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here