Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My phone just about survived being slung across the room after the last minute DEBACLE against the Croydon Clowns on Monday night, it probably won't take another lobbing. So please Albion, despatch Fat Sam's mob with a comfortable win today, I can't afford a new phone.
Make it so Mr Potter.
:guns:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Stalking... not sure about that. You turn up, do your thing and walk away. Sort of like the mailman, no need to stalk him to know he will turn up on Monday, no need to lock the door as he is harmless and despite not bringing anything of value, I appreciate him showing up.

Are pizza deliveries integrated within the Swedish mail system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I reckon every shot we have today will hit the back of the net. 0-18 to the good guys and a new Premier League record

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think Sam will set-up to play us on the break.

Will Potter get the team to play riskier balls in order to concede more possession to West Brom and draw them out of their hole?

Whatever, I have a good feeling about today. We’ve had 51 shots in the last two games, that really is a magnificent stat taken on it’s own. If we continue to do that, our luck has to change. A deflection, a defensive error, a dodgy VAR decision, we are due a game where the ball just ends up in the net multiple times. Having loads and loads of shots makes it more likely we’ll score..........doesn’t it?

Let's hope our luck does change. However gutting that defeat was v Palace we didn't have a lot of luck. No one can argue their first goal was a brilliant piece of skill. A bit like Dennis Laws backheel that relegated United, only the Palace goal was with speed. But the Benteke goal although a good finish would have been missed 9 times out of 10 by that player. All our shots were blocked or missed, like you say soon we must get a lucky deflection or great goal. Please please let's have a little luck today.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think Sam will set-up to play us on the break.

Will Potter get the team to play riskier balls in order to concede more possession to West Brom and draw them out of their hole?

Whatever, I have a good feeling about today. We’ve had 51 shots in the last two games, that really is a magnificent stat taken on it’s own. If we continue to do that, our luck has to change. A deflection, a defensive error, a dodgy VAR decision, we are due a game where the ball just ends up in the net multiple times. Having loads and loads of shots makes it more likely we’ll score..........doesn’t it?

[emoji106]

It’s hard to completely fault Mondays performance as 9/10 we wouldn’t lose that and we’d still be unbeaten in 7 or whatever it is.

If performance levels are the same at Brom I think it’s a nailed on draw. I would say this though... wouldn’t mind seeing Maupay rested today. I want to see fresh faces up front. Zequiri and or Connolly.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Let's hope our luck does change. However gutting that defeat was v Palace we didn't have a lot of luck. No one can argue their first goal was a brilliant piece of skill. A bit like Dennis Laws backheel that relegated United, only the Palace goal was with speed. But the Benteke goal although a good finish would have been missed 9 times out of 10 by that player. All our shots were blocked or missed, like you say soon we must get a lucky deflection or great goal. Please please let's have a little luck today.

It's not luck. Out inability to score goals has been ongoing for too long to be luck. If you look at how we shoot, we have a team of players (including forwards) who seem to think that you have your head down, look at the ball, smack it as hard as you can and trust to luck. Just like a 10 year old. Until they start looking where they shoot then they wont score goals. It's nothing to do with luck, it's being inept in front of goal.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
1-1 - BHA will have 25 chances, miss 24 by just smacking the ball as hard as they can without placing the ball, score 1 by a deflection and West Brom will have two chances scoring 1.

West Brom’s goal will be a punch from Sanchez with the ball hitting Burn on the chest and rolling into the goal in the 97th minute.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
It's not luck. Out inability to score goals has been ongoing for too long to be luck. If you look at how we shoot, we have a team of players (including forwards) who seem to think that you have your head down, look at the ball, smack it as hard as you can and trust to luck. Just like a 10 year old. Until they start looking where they shoot then they wont score goals. It's nothing to do with luck, it's being inept in front of goal.
agree with you

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

The three touches before we shoot also puts us at a big disadvantage.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't wait to have 73% possession, take 23 shots on goal and lose 1-0 to a spawny deflected set-piece routine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here