Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A win would put us right again, give us a breather, take the pressure off......there’s no way that’s happening, it’s not in our “DNA” to be comfortable. Draw probably.

0-0

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Absolutely dreading it today. I hope the team are mentally stronger than I am after Monday's sickening defeat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You're stalking my posts, you know there is an ignore function you can initiate?

Stalking... not sure about that. You turn up, do your thing and walk away. Sort of like the mailman, no need to stalk him to know he will turn up on Monday, no need to lock the door as he is harmless and despite not bringing anything of value, I appreciate him showing up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Sam will set-up to play us on the break.

Will Potter get the team to play riskier balls in order to concede more possession to West Brom and draw them out of their hole?

Whatever, I have a good feeling about today. We’ve had 51 shots in the last two games, that really is a magnificent stat taken on it’s own. If we continue to do that, our luck has to change. A deflection, a defensive error, a dodgy VAR decision, we are due a game where the ball just ends up in the net multiple times. Having loads and loads of shots makes it more likely we’ll score..........doesn’t it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stalking... not sure about that. You turn up, do your thing and walk away. Sort of like the mailman, no need to stalk him to know he will turn up on Monday, no need to lock the door as he is harmless and despite not bringing anything of value, I appreciate him showing up.

From what I’ve read of Pizza Box Towers your mailman deserves a medal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think Sam will set-up to play us on the break.

Will Potter get the team to play riskier balls in order to concede more possession to West Brom and draw them out of their hole?

Whatever, I have a good feeling about today. We’ve had 51 shots in the last two games, that really is a magnificent stat taken on it’s own. If we continue to do that, our luck has to change. A deflection, a defensive error, a dodgy VAR decision, we are due a game where the ball just ends up in the net multiple times. Having loads and loads of shots makes it more likely we’ll score..........doesn’t it?
Potentially yes, providing it’s not Lallana taking the shots.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
3pm on a Saturday - what sort of ridiculous time is that for a football match?

Believe it or not, it is currently the slot for the least attractive PL game. Welcome to COVID football.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would like to see Welbeck and Lallana start today against this lot. And with the personnel we have available and the fact I don't think we need three at the back at today against their one central striker, I would be tempted to revert to a back 4 and go with the fluid 4-2-2-2 type system we played a few times last season that can become a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 at times:

-------------Sanchez
Veltman - White - Dunk - Burn
------Gross - Bissouma
----Lallana - Mac Allister
----Welbeck - Trossard

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
1-1 - BHA will have 25 chances, miss 24 by just smacking the ball as hard as they can without placing the ball, score 1 by a deflection and West Brom will have two chances scoring 1.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
It's beautiful day out there, perfect for an afternoon stroll, feeling optimistic, sunshine, fresh air, birds singing...... Sky TV, Big Sam, frustration, 0-0, VAR, late goal, starts raining. Leicester up next...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here