Were you one of the pathetic fans that left early.If so shame on you.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
I suppose you pay your money, so you can choose to stay or leave early, but it was disappointing to see people walking out with ten minutes to go and the score still 1-1. When they did score there second there was a mass exodus and within minutes the stadium looked half empty - I decided to stay right to the end, as I always do and cheer on my team, even though they were pretty poor in the second half!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes i did , by leaving in the 88th min i saved an hr on my trip home . Got back at 2am as apposed to 3am on Fri . By the way it's got f*** all to do with you or anyone else what time people leave . I take it you are some kid who is back home by 10.30 . You come across as an absolute tosser

Bollocks I did. Got home to Manchester at 2.30am.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I heard this on the way home and couldn't believe what I'd heard...

How dare he criticise paying fans for leaving at that point...I never, NEVER leave a game early but faced with the fact that I had one of my kids with me and I did not want to have to put up with stupid thick Palace fans gloating in mine or his face and looking for a scrap.

Any shred of respect I had for Ian Hart at that point went flying out the window - prick!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
NSC in binfest shocker.

On the morning after the night before a time for reflection.

In our thousands we had all been looking forward to this game since long before the fixtures came out, our chance to play Palace on 'an even keel' ie a decent a stadium, for the first time in almost a generation, correct me if Im wrong but was the last league fixture against them at the Goldstone Boxing Day 1988, nearly 23 years ago?

So to play so well in the opening minutes and then capitulate in the manner we did, hurts, the thousands leaving before the end do so for various reasons, a large number because of the shit travel infrastructure, you could almost argue the club are forcing people to leave early, what I was trying to say last night when I had a microphone shoved under my nose at a time when I was feeling as low as I had done ever after a game, was that for whatever reasons people left it didn't look good, not for a club reborn in a state of the art stadium. There were Palace fans in the 1901 on the table next to us, crowing who immediately banged on about plastic support and fair weather fans, which was always going be the danger with the exodus. So sorry not self righteous, not slagging people off, just worried about how it all looks to our biggest rivals.

Ian Hart

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It wasn't being beat it was the manner in which it happened. Several of our side just didn't look like they were bothered and we had some right to win this. They on the other hand were chasing the game throughout. Had we given it our all I'd have stayed till the end and applauded them off .. as it was I left after Murray's and don't believe that team had any right to my applause.

I'm a lifelong supporter of the club - the players are simply representing the club and I'll be supporting the club long after they have moved on.

Nah it was a disgrace pure and simple

As for the daft comments the pikeys are making re plastics on the back of such a spineless performance and on such an occasion there's not a place in the land that would be any different

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I left early. So what? You think my staying for the last 60 seconds was going to pull the extra two goals in? What's the point here? We're all supposed to stay to lift the team's spirits so they come out for the next game like duracell charged bunnies? You think they don't know they've screwed up?

This all smacks of "I'm a bigger fan than you are" rubbish. So, someone leaves on 75 minutes. You know their personal reasons for leaving do you? What are we going to do, give exit interviews to all fans so we can decide whether or not they are worthy of visiting the Amex again.

Mark my words, some of the idiotic comments on here will drive potential fans away faster than poor performances on the pitch. we are trying to grow a regular fan base from 6000 to 20,000 and we're only half a dozen games in for goodness sake!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mark my words, some of the idiotic comments on here will drive potential fans away faster than poor performances on the pitch.

Unlikely but well said anyway, there seems to be some sort of class system in the eyes of some like "I'm superior because I've been to more games", or "I'm better than you for staying to the end" but each to his own ... you want to stay till the end to applaud that effort then go ahead, you want to leave and show your dissatisfaction by doing so (as I did, nothing to do with transport) then go ahead too

It was a real shame to see the mass walkout. I always stay to the end myself, reagrdless of performance; but each to their own.

I'd have preferred a mass 'booing' by a full crowd at the final whilstle. I'm not a big 'booing' fan, but in a game of such importance to the fans it would've been a better form of protest against such a pathetic performance.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
NSC in binfest shocker.

On the morning after the night before a time for reflection.

In our thousands we had all been looking forward to this game since long before the fixtures came out, our chance to play Palace on 'an even keel' ie a decent a stadium, for the first time in almost a generation, correct me if Im wrong but was the last league fixture against them at the Goldstone Boxing Day 1988, nearly 23 years ago?

So to play so well in the opening minutes and then capitulate in the manner we did, hurts, the thousands leaving before the end do so for various reasons, a large number because of the shit travel infrastructure, you could almost argue the club are forcing people to leave early, what I was trying to say last night when I had a microphone shoved under my nose at a time when I was feeling as low as I had done ever after a game, was that for whatever reasons people left it didn't look good, not for a club reborn in a state of the art stadium. There were Palace fans in the 1901 on the table next to us, crowing who immediately banged on about plastic support and fair weather fans, which was always going be the danger with the exodus. So sorry not self righteous, not slagging people off, just worried about how it all looks to our biggest rivals.

Ian Hart
No we played them twice in the early Noughties. Drew 0-0 at home (the return of the 5-0) and lost 2-3 with a goal in the last minute (the return on our 1-0 win at Selhurst).

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I stayed. f*** knows why. I just couldn't bring myself to leave. In a way I wish I had. How else do you register your disapproval of the lazy, complacent, uncommitted shite you have just been forced to watch.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Left the ground at the final whistle,but did make towards the exit just before then...mainly a travel issue,I live 15 miles away miles away and still did not get there till 11pm.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No we played them twice in the early Noughties. Drew 0-0 at home (the return of the 5-0) and lost 2-3 with a goal in the last minute (the return on our 1-0 win at Selhurst).

No sorry Brovian I dont consider playing them at Withdean was on an even keel, it was our temporary stadium with a very limited capacity, last night was the first time since 1988 that we'd played them at home with a large capacity at a decent ground. (As was the Goldstone in its day)

And I dont think there's a class issue, of 'Im a better fan than you.....", like I said having to go back into the lounge with a smattering of Palace fans the walk out, for whatever reasons travel or perfromnce, was viewed as good old fashioned bad losing and the behaviour of fickle fans (Which I dont think we are)

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No sorry Brovian I dont consider playing them at Withdean was on even keel, it was our temporary stadium with a very limited cpapcity, last night was the first time since 1988 that we'd played them at home with a large capacity at a decent ground. (As was the Goldstone in its day)

And I dont think there's a class issue, of 'Im a better fan than you.....", like I said having to go back into the lounge with a smattering of Palace fans the walk out, for whatever reasons travel or perfromnce, was viewed as good old fashioned bad losing and the behaviour of fickle fans (Which I dont think we are)
Sorry, I must have misread the meaning in your original post. I though perhaps you'd blanked those two season out of your memory!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No sorry Brovian I dont consider playing them at Withdean was on even keel, it was our temporary stadium with a very limited cpapcity, last night was the first time since 1988 that we'd played them at home with a large capacity at a decent ground. (As was the Goldstone in its day)

I'm sensing this is more about you choking on your sandwich whilst sat around a table with a bunch of palace fans in the 1901 club than any decent argument. I thought an even keel was about having a solvent football club and fielding 11 players each on the same field?

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wonder if Ian Hart had to get the train home from falmer???

I left at 2-1 not because we were 2-1 down but because with evening games I have found that If i want to get home at a sensible hour it becomes impossible to stay until the end.

I would always want to stay until the bitter end and often do stay long after the game finishes on a saturday.

Guarantee me a train home at a reasonable hour and I would stay whatever the score.

He sounds like a complete tool !!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ian Hart on radio after match said he was most shocked by our own fans who walked out early.
My pride would not let me get up from my seat until final whistle.

I left when the third goal went in, which meant I got home at midnight instead of 1am. Do you have a problem with that?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Ian bloody Hart can go and "do one". Bloody self-rightous git.
I left on 90 minutes as I am a weak and feeble little woman travelling back by train on my own and knew there might be some trouble after that dreadful performance.

I normally stay to applaud the team off the pitch and wouldn't usually leave before the final whistle, but last night was different.
It may be alright if you're a bloke getting away after the game with a load of your mates, but most of us that did leave a bit early had a very good reason to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports