Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wendy Wilkins. .......

D

Deleted member 2719

I met him several times, and we had many discussions about all sorts of things. About tactics, he was happy to talk to anyone and everyone about it; he's quite the anorak. I even asked him if he minded if I offered an opinion on a given player, to which he was open and honest, giving a detailed and impressive response.

Talking to other players, they felt the same when it came to his tactics. It's his man-management that appalled so many of them.

That's not about being my opinion being balanced (which it is, by the way) - something no-one could ever accuse you of being when it comes to Dean Wilkins - that's about the pervading view. i.e. - it was consistently felt he was a great tactician and an awful manager.

OGH played more matches for the Albion than Wilkins, by the way, over a longer period of time. He earned his sobriquet for a reason, you know.

Side stepping the point again TLO , when can he give his balanced opinion of the with withdean years on roar ? go on give him a call.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Other way around. Adams was always Dick Knight's man
Again not strictly accurate. The decision to offer Wilkins a.demotion was unanimous and Tony had his interests represented by uncle Ray as he wasn't a.director then.

The decision to hire Adams had one dissenting voice - the then chief executive Martin Perry

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't be silly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Side stepping the point again TLO , when can he give his balanced opinion of the with withdean years on roar ? go on give him a call.

Are you his agent?

D

Deleted member 2719

Could be........ been found out.
Nah just believe if you are in the media you should be impartial. Are you partial to a bit of TLO?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It's strange you've overlooked the praise many (including me) had of him, and consider a criticism of him 'unbalanced'. You find the merest hint of a criticism of Dean Wilkins 'unbalanced'...? Oops.

I've not side-stepped the issue - I've waded straight through the middle of it. It was a totally balanced view. But it doesn't fit with your totally unbalanced view.

Are you his agent?

He's his biggest fan and cheerleader, the one poster who is serially incapable of impartial views when it comes to Dean Wilkins.

It's interesting he thinks that he can tell me, as if I am part of the media, that I shouldn't be entitled to an personal opinion, especially if it doesn't tally exactly with his own on this subject.

BHADebenham is a spoof account. Incredibly, this one isn't.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be........ been found out.
Nah just believe if you are in the media you should be impartial. Are you partial to a bit of TLO?

Why do you think Wilkins should be immune from criticism, out of interest?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Purely from what I saw on the pitch, I thought he was far from being the worst manager we have had. If you look what the team was like before and after he left it puts things in some perspective.

Still wouldn't have him as manager now though.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Was Wilkins getting us to 7th better than Oscar getting us to 6th, based on players available and budget? If so get him in.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's strange you've overlooked the praise many (including me) had of him, and consider a criticism of him 'unbalanced'. You find the merest hint of a criticism of Dean Wilkins 'unbalanced'...? Oops.

I've not side-stepped the issue - I've waded straight through the middle of it. It was a totally balanced view. But it doesn't fit with your totally unbalanced view.

He's his biggest fan and cheerleader, the one poster who is serially incapable of impartial views when it comes to Dean Wilkins.

It's interesting he thinks that he can tell me, as if I am part of the media, that I shouldn't be entitled to an personal opinion, especially if it doesn't tally exactly with his own on this subject.

BHADebenham is a poof account. Incredibly, this one isn't.

Can you say Poof account anymore.

TLO your waded through the middle did make me laugh.

So are you going get Deano on your show ? Go on wade through the middle one more time, just for me.:kiss:

Why do you think Wilkins should be immune from criticism, out of interest?

Did i say that???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here