Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wembley, Wembley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just beat a prem team away… take any kind of win in a nervy QF - remember Millwall!
Going out of the Carabao Cup to a very ordinary League One side is still quite fresh in my mind, to be honest, so I'll not be counting any chickens, unlike the plum who started this thread.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nahhhhhh Millwall were a midtable championship side and we were bang average.

This one will be a walk in the park.
Just like Charlton was in the CC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Going out of the Carabao Cup to a very ordinary League One side is still quite fresh in my mind, to be honest, so I'll not be counting any chickens, unlike the plum who started this thread.
Dunno if you went to Charlton, but yesterday reminded me massively of it, apart from us taking one chance. Not enjoyable to watch. Grimsby will be tough and 11 behind the ball at times - which is where we struggle. Think we’ll win 2-0 though. 🤞

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
You need to be more positive, negativity creates anxiety. Completely different situation to Charlton.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's a time and plaice for everything.

"We only sing when we're finning"

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Just beaten a PL team away, playing quite decent. If we don’t show them the respect they deserve they will knock us out as well

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1). They're nowhere near League 1;
2). We're at home;
3). Yes, shocks in the FA Cup do happen, but this one would be huge - like Hereford and Colchester were huge, but they were playing at home aganst the big boys. Nothing is impossible, tbf, but, Newcastle at home notwithstanding we've got to be a banker in a big way ....... ................ ................

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we can’t beat Grimsby at the Amex I’ll take it on the chin…and start the first De Zerbi IN/OUT poll and almost certainly vote OUT :lolol:
Don't anyone think this is a bluff. I recently collated a bunch of the potter in/out threads. This man will do it!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just looked at the team from the last 2019 semi final

Andone, Ali J and Locadia all played and Dunk is the only one still with us from the match day squad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On the Grimsby board they all reckon they have a great chance of going through
The thing is, they could get spanked and their fans could all say "we've done ourselves proud" and "well in reality we were never going to win that one really".

On the other hand, if we lose then this thread is going to look an absolute mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here