Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wembley Box Park for SF

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Couldn't see anywhere else but.......
I emailed them the other day to enquire of them hosting the Albion on Sunday Apr 23.
Response as follows:

Screenshot_20230406_115954_Gmail.jpg

Now to wait for the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I posted on another thread last night, we have to have Box Park because we have the west end of the stadium.

I'm not sure if the Albion will be selling tickets - they may be - but my understanding is they have not hired the whole venue as they did last time. As a result, Box Park themselves will be selling tickets directly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I
As I posted on another thread last night, we have to have Box Park because we have the west end of the stadium.

I'm not sure if the Albion will be selling tickets - they may be - but my understanding is they have not hired the whole venue as they did last time. As a result, Box Park themselves will be selling tickets directly.
I feel I have been corrected by my old headmaster 😁
Thanks for the info.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I

I feel I have been corrected by my old headmaster 😁
Sorry, no, that wasn't the intention at all.

I just wanted to supplement your information with what I knew and also, possibly, dampen the expectation that it will be a full-on Albion-fest as it was last time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I just wanted to supplement your information with what I knew and also, possibly, dampen the expectation that it will be a full-on Albion-fest as it was last time.
I know that @Bozza
I was only jesting, I've got old Albion programs ready for the caning :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I didn’t go last time - how will it be different? Do you mean there won’t be RRenynolds and SSidwell etc there basically…?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn’t go last time - how will it be different? Do you mean there won’t be RRenynolds and SSidwell etc there basically…?
Well, last time my understanding is the club hired the whole venue and could basically do what they want, within reason, which meant it was fully Albion-ised with lots of banners and decorations, Albion videos and tunes etc.

I don't know if Box Park do this generally - and it is always allocated to the club who have the west end of Wembley. Maybe they do - I have no idea.

But, I'm sure it will still be jam-packed with Albion fans, it's a great venue with good food and drink options and very close to the stadium itself. I'm sure it will still be great whatever the setup turns out to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From what I know it will be full of goons throwing lager everywhere. That’s if you don’t get your lights punched out by a former heavyweight boxer moonlighting as a door man on the way in. Maybe this is just the Shoreditch one?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From what I know it will be full of goons throwing lager everywhere. That’s if you don’t get your lights punched out by a former heavyweight boxer moonlighting as a door man on the way in. Maybe this is just the Shoreditch one?
Won’t be like that here I’m sure as it’s kids friendly etc. I’m hoping it will be similar to the last boxpark one from the videos I’ve seen. Plymouth had / have it I’ll check out their videos.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing like that at all for the last semi. Very civilised , good food options and Albion-driven entertainment. Lots of ex players wandering about chatting too.

Reactions: PWA

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Sorry if discussed before but is there a fanzone this year at Wembley? I remember a great atmosphere in one before Man City semi

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It’s up on their site but can’t buy tickets.

Bit confused about this bit as we were planning on getting there half 1 ish 🤷🏻‍♂️ Surely you still need a ticket to get in…

• GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS VALID FOR ENTRY BEFORE 12:30PM (FIRST COME FIRST SERVED AFTER THAT)’

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Couldn't see anywhere else but.......
I emailed them the other day to enquire of them hosting the Albion on Sunday Apr 23.
Response as follows:

View attachment 159359

Now to wait for the club.
That says ‘fans’ not glory seekers so I am afraid you are excluded…

Mind you I bet a coffee will be expensive !!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

It’s up on their site but can’t buy tickets.

Bit confused about this bit as we were planning on getting there half 1 ish 🤷🏻‍♂️ Surely you still need a ticket to get in…

• GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS VALID FOR ENTRY BEFORE 12:30PM (FIRST COME FIRST SERVED AFTER THAT)’
From what I was told last time if you want guaranteed entry have to turn up by the set time … after that it’s just first come first served until capacity is reached.

Then 1 in and 1 out etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here