Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well this must be a tad annoying for Reading

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Fulham must have been in for Hughton. If they were after a manager who knows the Championship - Hughton has earned his place at the top of any list.

As the Biscuitman above said - baffling. The pull of the parachute ? Or do they see him as the man to make the most of their young players ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tim Sherwood is favourite so it looks like the latter.

Could Fulham be a threat now or are they too far off the pace already ???
We should only worry about our own performance not other clubs if we keep on as we are they will be no threat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I find this incredibly bizarre. The only difference between the two clubs is that Fulham play in a history laden stadium with a listed building, nice surroundings and good pubs and Reading play in a Meccano stadium next to the M4. Other than that same club.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Untitled-11.jpg

theroyal

May 11, 2014

Different circumstances. We had a much better infrastructure and were more appealing as a prospect to Coppell at the time, in a higher division. This is just an odd sideways move motivated entirely by money (so it seems).

Most Reading fans are not annoyed at the prospect of losing Clarke specifically, more annoyed at the manner at which he's done it. Clarke is easily replaceable and if we get Pearson, we'll arguably come out of this stronger.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Different circumstances. We had a much better infrastructure and were more appealing as a prospect to Coppell at the time, in a higher division. This is just an odd sideways move motivated entirely by money (so it seems).

Most Reading fans are not annoyed at the prospect of losing Clarke specifically, more annoyed at the manner at which he's done it. Clarke is easily replaceable and if we get Pearson, we'll arguably come out of this stronger.

I am sure...

Blackman to head to Fulham in January? Isnt his contract coming to an end and to play under Clarke who got the best out of him during his time at Reading so far?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What about his sons previous that according to some on here would stop him going to QPR so why would Reading employ him?

Maybe they realise that they were his sons actions and not his?

He has a great track record and I think woul dbe a good fit for them. I just won't expect Pearson junior to be signing forms at any point in the near future

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe they realise that they were his sons actions and not his?

He has a great track record and I think woul dbe a good fit for them. I just won't expect Pearson junior to be signing forms at any point in the near future

I said that as regards QPR but was slated by some saying the s..t would stick so why any different at Reading. I agree he would be a good appointment for them.or of course there is always Ian Holloway and Billy Davies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here