Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well this is the slowest work day since last Friday...

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ok....office workers or home workers, what is the most obscure thing you have on your desk right now?

Mine is pretty boring, I have a Pac man stress ball. I do also have a blu tack ball with a quarter, 10p and a euro stuck in it though. Represents the three areas I have worked in for my job.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
11.29 off for lunch an early lunch in 5 mins

13.00 - 16.00 webex meeting, but my line will go quiet at 15.00 as i leave to do battle with the M25..............

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm mincing off at 3.45 today thank god. I'm about as busy as Ann Franks' drumkit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watching this a few times has helped pass the time.

That certainly helps. Love the Forest fan who described the noise as a "primal scream". Mental scenes. I still have the bruises down the back of my legs!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Lunch over....4 hours left, then an hours football training and a rush to the pub. Excitement is building quite a lot now!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lunchtime! Get this done, bit more work, then leg it home early.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ok....office workers or home workers, what is the most obscure thing you have on your desk right now?

Mine is pretty boring, I have a Pac man stress ball. I do also have a blu tack ball with a quarter, 10p and a euro stuck in it though. Represents the three areas I have worked in for my job.

I've an odd selection of things: as well as the usual (laptop, iPad, glass of water, lamp etc) there is a walnut whip, a small cuddly penguin, the latest album by Eels and 9 pencils, none of which have been sharpened.

It's just gone 1pm, my productivity is absolutely shot. I might piss off downstairs and fire up the Xbox and wait for an important email/phone call to come in.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I am working in Hove today and currently looking out at the tree tops of Hove Park, if I stand I can just about see the Retail Park.

Sat at someone elses desk, they seem to have a picture of there very average looking GF/Daughter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I had to send a spec and estimate to a client today but have also been working from home as I had to do the morning school run. I therefore got up at 6am to start it and had it sent over by 10. Since then I have been alternately checking emails and arsing about on here. 4.40 from Portslade for me I think. I'm not even stressed mind you, just can't wait to have a couple of beers! :drink:

There are EXACTLY 15 empty plastic cups on my desk and half full bottle of water.

To the side of my screen is an appt card for the dentist.

I have more work on my desk than I can shake a shitty stick, but it will wait until the morning.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm not at my normal office. In fact, no one really knows me here, so I can do a runner at anytime soon.

Just going to finish a report, then I'm out of here.

Can someone just make sure the M25 is very clear......I thank you :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Many post-it notes, stacked on top of each other, all with my name on.

I didn't write them and have no idea where they came from, or why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here