Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tyrone Mings educated at millfield school 🤔. Born in Bath (the most liberal of cities) lived in Chippenham attended Sheldon school for a while, dad was worshiped at a special school nearby earns millions and he lectures on racism, he should use his massive platform and raise awareness to the black gang culture and knife crime that is more far more prevalent and dangerous. 4,000+ stabbings in London alone compared to 44 direct racist tweets.

I now finally know what 'whataboutery' is.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As I’ve said to other posters in the past,I’m happy to send you my seat number,block and row via PM if you wish to engage in a chat next time we’re back at the Amex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you thought about " The Samaratans " ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are of course aware that the number one demographic involved in terrorist incidents in the last 5 years is white males.

Therefore (by your own logic), you need to be doing more to combat this, don’t you? Or are you talking utter ****ing shit? Which of the two?

" Millfield school in Somerset for two years on a football scholarship"

You have wasted a few minutes of your life replying to a shit stirring racist, I suspect.

Here is another snip from Mings' biography:

"Off the field, Ipswich Town's Supporters' Club praised Mings for his charitable works. He spent Christmas Day 2013 feeding homeless people".

But of course what he should have, sorry, of done was to have spent Christmas fighting knife crime.

Racists are so easy to spot these days, aren't they :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There is a more Democratic way for the players to Challenge this Government on the issue of Race. When it comes to Elections they should become " More Political ". Use the fact that they have thousands of followers who are also " Voters " and urge them not to vote for them.

If every footballer black and white pledged to do that come Election Time they wouldn't be long in changing their stance on Racism

You mean challenging the 'racist' government into changing their stance that saw the oft racially abused Priti Patel visiting Wembley during a Kick It Out initiative last summer talking to Tyrone Mings amongst others then urging social media companies to rid their platforms of hatred after hearing about the real-life impacts on players targeted with abuse both on and off the pitch?

Or perhaps changing their stance where the Home Secretary met with FA’s CEO Mark Bullingham and Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick it out last year and reaffirmed her commitment to bringing forward the Online Safety Bill, 'which will place a duty of care on social media firms to protect their users from hate crime on their platforms'?

Maybe it's their tendency to proscribe dangerous far-right groups (the latest one happened on Monday) making it a criminal offence to join or support them.

Even more politics in sport .... no thanks.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You mean challenging the 'racist' government into changing their stance that saw the oft racially abused Priti Patel visiting Wembley during a Kick It Out initiative last summer talking to Tyrone Mings amongst others then urging social media companies to rid their platforms of hatred after hearing about the real-life impacts on players targeted with abuse both on and off the pitch?

Or perhaps changing their stance where the Home Secretary met with FA’s CEO Mark Bullingham and Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick it out last year and reaffirmed her commitment to bringing forward the Online Safety Bill, 'which will place a duty of care on social media firms to protect their users from hate crime on their platforms'?

Maybe it's their tendency to proscribe dangerous far-right groups (the latest one happened on Monday) making it a criminal offence to join or support them.

Yes even more politics in sport because everything you mentioned obviously isn't enough

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think now is the time to introduce sickle cell anaemia into the conversation. Just saying, like. ???

I know what your saying Harry but that's perhaps below you, for correlation is beyond some peoples comprehension, for it's a dreadful condition. Think you may get my drift, hopefully (don't lower yourself):)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what your saying Harry but that's perhaps below you, for correlation is beyond some peoples comprehension, for it's a dreadful condition. Think you may get my drift, hopefully (don't lower yourself):)

I hope you realise that my withering point was that 'whatabouting' something that disproportionately affects a subset of black people is hardly an appropriate response to racism against all black people. I find that the more grotesque the analogy the better made the point. No offence meant to those suffering this condition, obviously (I assumed it was obvious; perhaps not).

Incidentally do you know how sickle cell anaemia has persisted in the polulation even though it seems like a maladaptive mutation? The answer is the sickle (red) cell is resistant to malaria, offering a survival advantage to those living where malaria is endemic.

Likewise, racism offers an advantage in an unstable society, when traders plot to kill you, but when society has calmed down and become multi-ethnic, it merely makes you look areola. :wink:

:thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So what you are basically saying is that the government is good at promising that someone else (social media) will do something to fight racism, but aren’t quite so good at promising what THEY the government will do...!

Got it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I hope you realise that my withering point was that 'whatabouting' something that disproportionately affects a subset of black people is hardly an appropriate response to racism against all black people. I find that the more grotesque the analogy the better made the point. No offence meant to those suffering this condition, obviously (I assumed it was obvious; perhaps not).

Incidentally do you know how sickle cell anaemia has persisted in the polulation even though it seems like a maladaptive mutation? The answer is the sickle (red) cell is resistant to malaria, offering a survival advantage to those living where malaria is endemic.

Likewise, racism offers an advantage in an unstable society, when traders plot to kill you, but when society has calmed down and become multi-ethnic, it merely makes you look areola. :wink:

:thumbsup:

Interesting my friend, I have knowledge of the disease first hand via a friend and the suffering when witnessed especially in the young is heart-breaking. I fully understand and concur with your analogy others wouldn't, I believe that was my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here