Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well said, Tyrone Mings

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Well said that man.
The thing is when you get a group of nasty hate filled placard wavers angry, they just go off their heads.
Most of them just need to pop their heads out of their bubble take a few deep breath have a look around and use some logic.

So you join Arfer's protest about not protesting at football. Brilliant. If you get a few more of you swivel-eyed loonies together, it will be like the Poznan celebration - the players might even think you're supporting them!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If you truly believe this, then you support the taking of the knee. It is a knee for equality, and anti discrimination. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's the problem isn't it, the old right wing 'never admit you're wrong' syndrome.
They'll cling on to BLM and Marxism, No matter how many times they are told it is merely about equality.
Even Gareth Southgate explaining it clearly during the Euros didn't sway them, so no hope I'm afraid.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What this England team have achieved both on and off the pitch has been remarkable. They have successfully pulled the mask from the government's face and revealed their ugliness to the nation

Johnson and his cronies thought they could capitalise on the Euros, its gone badly wrong, a spectacular own goal

They need to get on with the governing and sorting out the mess we're in, largely of their creation

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have only read the opening post so please forgive me if I repeat what has already been said. I personally think Tyrone Mings is a prat, as well as having Lewis Dunks shirt at the Euros. I do not support taking the knee, and if it continues at the Amex I won't boo, but I will turn my back as my protest of disapproval. I do not believe a sporting arena like a football ground is a place for mass protest, it is a place for a sport where everyone is equal. In my eyes the only occasion when grounds should be involved in anything other than sport is November 11th. Before the lynch mob starts sharpening their pitchforks I do not agree with any form of discrimination, be it race, religion, gender or anything else you can think of, I treat all I meet the same. By the same token I do not jump on a bandwagon screaming racist like many on here, just because I disagree with something said.

Ah ha....players aren't allowed to protest against racism, but you are allowed to protest your disapproval...? You disagree with non-sporting gestures in football grounds, except for one that you support. And you expect people to understand this logic?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's the problem isn't it, the old right wing 'never admit you're wrong' syndrome.
They'll cling on to BLM and Marxism, No matter how many times they are told it is merely about equality.
Even Gareth Southgate explaining it clearly during the Euros didn't sway them, so no hope I'm afraid.
The BLM Marxist thing gives people the reason they need to dislike the gesture. Nothing more nothing less.

If it wasn't this then they would find something else.

They just cannot support a gesture against racism and will find any reason they can to excuse it (like Rashford earns too much money).

They hide behind this nonsense as they hide behind their keyboards.

Cowards, we all see them though. Time to out them.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Vegan Society was founded by an agnostic who was registered as a conscientious objector during the Second World War.

I'm not a vegan but would wouldn't conflate vegans with something called The Vegan Society or presume they have the same political or religious views as the founder.

That would be ridiculous...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
So, despite the thing the players wanting to highlight actually happening, the usual suspects on here are STILL lining up with their verbal gymnastics to try and defend their opposition to an anti-racist message.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
England team snub Boris....

[tweet]1415047497236598787[/tweet]

I thought it was Downing Street that cancelled it:lolol::lolol:

But which is more likely? I think it could have been a very uncomfortable meeting. Footballers taking a moral lead - who would have thought it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have been working with B&H fostering team for a while, who are working hard towards making people understand racism, in all its incarnations. They are currently actively using the 3 circles of racism process - it is a real eye-opener and really makes you think... give it a try and see where you fit!

https://www.gscb.org.uk/media/2099139/becomingantiracist-3.pdf

Thanks - very useful.

I think I'm in the "Learning Zone", but at a relatively early stage - and in that context, I can thoroughly recommend "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man", by a guy called Emmanuel Acho. I'm listening to it as an audiobook, which I think is possibly better than reading it - it's narrated by the author, and he's a powerful and entertaining reader.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have been working with B&H fostering team for a while, who are working hard towards making people understand racism, in all its incarnations. They are currently actively using the 3 circles of racism process - it is a real eye-opener and really makes you think... give it a try and see where you fit!

https://www.gscb.org.uk/media/2099139/becomingantiracist-3.pdf

Really like this.
Very powerful tool.

Edit - regardless of opinion of Mings comments, everyone who has contributed to this thread should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Really like this.
Very powerful tool.

Edit - regardless of opinion of Mings comments, everyone who has contributed to this thread should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, when this was put before me and they started talking about being “anti-racist” I thought it was just techno babble, but having worked through the tool I was quite shocked where I fell in the circles, with too much acceptance of racism and turning the other cheek... it’s an eye opener, if you’re prepared to have your eyes opened!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Many athletes seem to have issue with racism only up until the point it impacts their fat paycheque.

The NBA a prime example of this.

Do the EPL, clubs or players have any deals with Chinese companies?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Many athletes seem to have issue with racism only up until the point it impacts their fat paycheque.

The NBA a prime example of this.

Do the EPL, clubs or players have any deals with Chinese companies?

Here we go. Whataboutery from a white Aussie. Just what the thread was missing.

Classic wealth reference too :thumbsup: . Perhaps you could tell us the size of paycheck that stops you worrying about racism? Mouldy and Fergus seem to struggle with that question.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here