Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well said Harty.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Oh dear. I've never listened to the phone-in, because I live far away and haven't got Seagulls World (cos I don't expecially want to pay for a second time to hear output produced BY MY EMPLOYERS which I've already paid a licence fee to fund anyway!)

But isn't this all a bit childish, really?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
tadley gull said:
So Harty is the latest voodoo doll that people want to stick pins into is he?

He doesn't need me to defend him so I don't propose to, but what I will say is this:

Shouldn't we all be pulling together and publicising the Falmer cause, rather than indulging in petty political infighting?

Pretty basic stuff I know, but every now and then we all need reminders about keeping our eye on the ball.

Which Ian hart should possibly have considered before his 'show' last week?

I was aware that Ian Hart was intending to have his say about NSC. I was also taking Ian's advice (last weekend) to "get out more". So, as I left the house, I switched on the tape recorder.

Here is a transcript of what was actually said at the beginning of the programme:-

Ian Hart:- Obviously the debates went on into the internet, specifically North Stand Chat, and whilst I appreciate every fan has their right to an opinion, some things go a little bit beyond the pale and it’s quite funny when I get accused by certain supporters on the net, hiding behind their screen names, of having an agenda. You do wonder if the likes of the Great Cornholio and Tom Hark Preston Park if they had a hidden agenda against me personally.

I was talking it through with the Gulls Eye team. We had a sort of reunion last night in a local nightclub down in Worthing and it was speculated, over a few beers in the wee hours, are these people, are they the kind of people who didn’t boycott the Mansfield game? There are a number of people who didn’t boycott the Mansfield game. Are they the kind of people who didn’t walk out when the firework went up against Hereford, who basically sat on their hands while Archer and Bellotti dismantled the Albion piece by piece? Is this their way of getting back when they felt a little bit bitter about the things we had to do to save their football club?

I don’t mind. I’ve actually given up on North Stand Chat. It’s a shame. As one of the people who helped give Albion fans a real voice through the fanzine movement, but I feel, and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who’ve done the same, it’s turned into a little clique really. It’s a minority and people hide behind their screen names, as I’ve said, and specifically there were a couple of posts on Thursday that actually encroached on my business during the week and made some pretty sick comments really and I’m not having it. So North Stand Chat passes me by, but that’s just one of those things. You can put what you want on there. I won’t look at it any more and I know a lot of people agree with me.

I’d just like to thank Gareth Glover, Martin Gander, Jam the Man, Dave the Gaffer, Rougvie and everybody else who’s shown me a lot of support this week. I do appreciate it, boys and girls. Thank you very much.

We’ll kick off the phone in now. I’ve said my piece. Obviously the bit of cyber geeks will be on their screens now having another pop. Let ‘em do it.

Brian’s in Haywards Heath. Good evening, Brian.

Brian:- Good evening, Ian. First and foremost, I think you’ve got to look at it that, of the people that go on North Stand Chat, there’s probably a dozen that slag you. That’s something like 0.05% of your total listening figures. That means 99.95% of your total listening figures like what you are doing.

Ian Hart:- Well, I know people who don’t like it. That’s the beauty of the show, Brian, so I mean …

Brian:- I would totally ignore them if I was you. I get lots of slagging on it.

Ian Hart:- I make the mistake of actually challenging them and saying “Look. Come to the press box. If you’ve got something, say it to my face”. And then they go on about hidden agendas. Tom Hark Preston Park accused the Forty Note Fund of having a hidden agenda. Actually Tom Hark, it paid for players that nearly kept us in Division One the last time we were up there. Obviously he may be a johnny-come-lately Albion fan. Once it stops being fashionable, supporting football, he might go back to train spotting. Anyway …

Brian:- I get slagged the same, because I knew Greg Stanley.

Ian Hart:- Brian, draw a line under it and debate Albion issues. That’s what we want to do.

Brian:- What I wanted to talk to you about was the coming up contracts that Dick Knight has got to sign ….

Last edited:

Classic stuff :lolol:

One day we'll look back on all this and laugh...........

......even louder :lol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't understand....

Why do people get so hung up about this little website?

Why do people actualy feel the need to post abusive stuff about other posters?

Why do people then feel the need to be upset by it? Are a few words on the internet actually something to get hung up about? It isn't real life after all.

What the hell is this clique business? How many people on here actually properly know each other?

Isn't NSC just about the Albion after all?

PICTURE THE SCENE: A local nightclub down in Worthing

THE YEAR? It's March 2015

WHO'S THERE? It's a reunion of some embittered old posters from a now near-defunct Albion fans website called North Stand Chat, oh, let's just call them "Lord Bracknell's acolytes". They're not in a cheery mood. NSC has sadly been eclipsed by the new fourth-dimensional interactive technology that has allowed a resurgent NORTH STAND POLLS to become the leading medium, BY FAR INNIT, for all Albion news and views.

Lord Bracknell acolyte ONE: "Well, here we are again lads, meeting over a few beers in the wee small hours."

Lord Bracknell acolyte TWO: "Just what kind of people do these POLLERS think they are?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte THREE: "Yerr......are they the kind of people who didn't attend the first MEAT-UP in '03? Are these people, did they send flowers to John Prescott on Valentine's Day that we now know crucially swung the Falmer stadium fight our way? Can they EVEN remember the very first time Lush had to be carried home legless? Did they buy five copies of Seagulls Ska even though they thought it was a bit naff?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte FOUR: "Yerr....are these POLLERS the kind of people who basically sat on their hands while Hamilton dismantled Wrexham piece by piece and they didn't even buy a Brighton-Wrexham Fans Utd scarf?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte FIVE: "These POLLERS who've been slagging us off......is this their way of getting back at us as they feel a little bit bitter about the things we had to do to save their football club plus half the others in the Football League?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte ONE: "f***ing great that I host the phone-in now, innit? Let's shaft the *****."

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
:lolol: :lolol:

Just read that transcript. I know no one on this website and have no axe to grind with Ian Hart, but to open a radio show like that gives new meaning to the word petty.

The insinuations he makes about Brighton fans are well below the belt aswell.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
alan partridge said:

Just read that transcript. I know no one on this website and have no axe to grind with Ian Hart, but to open a radio show like that gives new meaning to the word petty.

The insinuations he makes about Brighton fans are well below the belt aswell.

He said 'well below the belt' he must be talking about WILLIES :jester:

Lord Bracknell said:
I was aware that Ian Hart was intending to have his say about NSC. I was also taking Ian's advice (last weekend) to "get out more". So, as I left the house, I switched on the tape recorder.

Here is a transcript of what was actually said at the beginning of the programme:-

Ian Hart:- Obviously the debates went on into the internet, specifically North Stand Chat, and whilst I appreciate every fan has their right to an opinion, some things go a little bit beyond the pale and it’s quite funny when I get accused by certain supporters on the net, hiding behind their screen names, of having an agenda. You do wonder if the likes of the Great Cornholio and Tom Hark Preston Park if they had a hidden agenda against me personally.

I was talking it through with the Gulls Eye team. We had a sort of reunion last night in a local nightclub down in Worthing and it was speculated, over a few beers in the wee hours, are these people, are they the kind of people who didn’t boycott the Mansfield game? There are a number of people who didn’t boycott the Mansfield game. Are they the kind of people who didn’t walk out when the firework went up against Hereford, who basically sat on their hands while Archer and Bellotti dismantled the Albion piece by piece? Is this their way of getting back when they felt a little bit bitter about the things we had to do to save their football club?

I don’t mind. I’ve actually given up on North Stand Chat. It’s a shame. As one of the people who helped give Albion fans a real voice through the fanzine movement, but I feel, and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who’ve done the same, it’s turned into a little clique really. It’s a minority and people hide behind their screen names, as I’ve said, and specifically there were a couple of posts on Thursday that actually encroached on my business during the week and made some pretty sick comments really and I’m not having it. So North Stand Chat passes me by, but that’s just one of those things. You can put what you want on there. I won’t look at it any more and I know a lot of people agree with me.

I’d just like to thank Gareth Glover, Martin Gander, Jam the Man, Dave the Gaffer, Rougvie and everybody else who’s shown me a lot of support this week. I do appreciate it, boys and girls. Thank you very much.

We’ll kick off the phone in now. I’ve said my piece. Obviously the bit of cyber geeks will be on their screens now having another pop. Let ‘em do it.

Brian’s in Haywards Heath. Good evening, Brian.

Brian:- Good evening, Ian. First and foremost, I think you’ve got to look at it that, of the people that go on North Stand Chat, there’s probably a dozen that slag you. That’s something like 0.05% of your total listening figures. That means 99.95% of your total listening figures like what you are doing.

Ian Hart:- Well, I know people who don’t like it. That’s the beauty of the show, Brian, so I mean …

Brian:- I would totally ignore them if I was you. I get lots of slagging on it.

Ian Hart:- I make the mistake of actually challenging them and saying “Look. Come to the press box. If you’ve got something, say it to my face”. And then they go on about hidden agendas. Tom Hark Preston Park accused the Forty Note Fund of having a hidden agenda. Actually Tom Hark, it paid for players that nearly kept us in Division One the last time we were up there. Obviously he may be a johnny-come-lately Albion fan. Once it stops being fashionable, supporting football, he might go back to train spotting. Anyway …

Brian:- I get slagged the same, because I knew Greg Stanley.

Ian Hart:- Brian, draw a line under it and debate Albion issues. That’s what we want to do.

Brian:- What I wanted to talk to you about was the coming up contracts that Dick Knight has got to sign ….

I think I might frame that. Does it become libel if I print it out? :jester:

And if he can have the forty note fund, can I copyright the 15.7 note fund? :lolol:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
London Irish said:
PICTURE THE SCENE: A local nightclub down in Worthing

THE YEAR? It's March 2015

WHO'S THERE? It's a reunion of some embittered old posters from a now near-defunct Albion fans website called North Stand Chat, oh, let's just call them "Lord Bracknell's acolytes". They're not in a cheery mood. NSC has sadly been eclipsed by the new fourth-dimensional interactive technology that has allowed a resurgent NORTH STAND POLLS to become the leading medium, BY FAR INNIT, for all Albion news and views.

Lord Bracknell acolyte ONE: "Well, here we are again lads, meeting over a few beers in the wee small hours."

Lord Bracknell acolyte TWO: "Just what kind of people do these POLLERS think they are?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte THREE: "Yerr......are they the kind of people who didn't attend the first MEAT-UP in '03? Are these people, did they send flowers to John Prescott on Valentine's Day that we now know crucially swung the Falmer stadium fight our way? Can they EVEN remember the very first time Lush had to be carried home legless? Did they buy five copies of Seagulls Ska even though they thought it was a bit naff?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte FOUR: "Yerr....are these POLLERS the kind of people who basically sat on their hands while Hamilton dismantled Wrexham piece by piece and they didn't even buy a Brighton-Wrexham Fans Utd scarf?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte FIVE: "These POLLERS who've been slagging us off......is this their way of getting back at us as they feel a little bit bitter about the things we had to do to save their football club plus half the others in the Football League?"

Lord Bracknell acolyte ONE: "f***ing great that I host the phone-in now, innit? Let's shaft the *****."

What a vivid imagination. Quality. :clap:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree with everything he says. It has taken him years of doing good stuff for the Albion to get where he is whilst there are one or two who have been very clever and have weedled themselves to the forefront of everything Albion by doing very little other than self promotion. They won't be happy until they have knocked Ian Hart off of his perch and can claim themselves to be the voice of the albion fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why should anyone claim to have the right to be "the voice" of BHAFC fans ?

Are we not all equals ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is a quality poster then ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I suggest you do a search on the many polls undertaken about quality posters and you'll get an idea.

munster monch said:
I agree with everything he says. It has taken him years of doing good stuff for the Albion to get where he is whilst there are one or two who have been very clever and have weedled themselves to the forefront of everything Albion by doing very little other than self promotion. They won't be happy until they have knocked Ian Hart off of his perch and can claim themselves to be the voice of the albion fans.

Quality poster yourself. He can spout whatever crap he wants, do whatever damage he feels appropriate, because he has "got where he is"? Anyone who disagrees with him is trying to become the "Voice of the Albion" and must be derided because they disagree with the almighty Hart.

Top posting! :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't go with this quality poster, I am the voice of the fans etc.

Waste of time

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Why thank you TGC :) although I don't predict myself appearing at the top of any quality poster polls in the near future. I don't think you'll find that theres any derision in my post just a personal suspicion that some are prepared to put a lot of ground work in to serve their own purposes in achieving some kind of celebrity.

Whilst agendas seems to be the keyword, I would also suggest that recording the show and taking the time to type it up on here appears to be the actions of someone with an agenda.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here