Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Sodexo

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
After a few people around us being told that we'd run out of Harveys, my brother and approached the till and asked whether we could have the 2 that were sat there uncollected from just below the tap of them. Oh yes, the young lady said, here you go. And we self-pleasedly supped for our eagle-eyedness.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I purchased no food yesterday as someone never showed up outside to meet me but I saw a beast of a matador on the platform after the game who had been told to deflate his blow up bull prior to going in the ground.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very short queues in the east end of the North yesterday, and i'll have a pint of whatever Beach Hut has had this morning :mad:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
WSU, no queue for pint at 2pm, and then again at 2.30pm, no queue.

And for another pint at 5pm, one person in the queue.

queuing system couldn't be any better.
Easy to get served in WSU yesterday. "Customers" voting with their feet in response to Barber's extortionate price hikes and removal of the 10% e-discount.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A big well done perhaps not to the company but the chap dispensing the Guinness in the Lower West concourse. It was served as well if not better than most pubs, other than Wetherspoons who all serve it correctly. He half filled a number of glasses (?) let them stand then topped them up. Lets give praise when it is deserved and in this case it was.

Really? I saw a chap in WSL dispensing Guinness a whole pint at a time.

The Cruzcampo, incidentally, was a great idea.

But then you would be different to everybody else.

The fact that you saw a man possibly the same chap, fill up a Guinness in 1 complete move when everybody else at the pump and I assume there was only 1 mobile unit, remarked on how he was doing it correctly by half filling it. So much so that when serving the last one he part filled a couple more before filling the last so as to allow time for it to settle.

Because everybody else saw him do it correctly but not you, so you were the only one or rather the only one who has said so on here.

And the whole bickering exchange rests on that bold part. There are several counters (assuming also available at the regular counters), there's a couple of hours over which people are working the pumps and may switch, there are different periods of busy during which the rush to get the pints out has more importance than "proper" pouring, why assume you've seen the same man in comparative circumstance?

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Not so sure Sodexo have got there yet.

We entered at the south end of the LW, at around 2.15, perhaps not the best time. The first kiosk had nothing left in any of the food trays. So we went to the centre kiosk where they had plenty. The queues were long but we got to the front and asked for two cheese burgers and two pints of Harveys. We were given two plain burgers and two pints of solid greyish brown looking liquid.

The two young guys dispensing the beer were trying to get the last few pints out and were tipping the barrel from side to side, I doubt anyone had ever told them the beer was cask conditioned and all the crap was in the bottom!

I said to the guy serving that we would have two pints, when they had changed the barrel and that we had asked for cheese burgers. After a lot of faffing about a supervisor came and sorted out the till and we got two pints of beer you could see through:ffsparr:.

This isn't rocket science, surely by now those working in the kiosks could have been trained sufficiently to undertake these simple tasks. I don't recall the service being so bad, in September, last year, or the year before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And the whole bickering exchange rests on that bold part. There are several counters (assuming also available at the regular counters), there's a couple of hours over which people are working the pumps and may switch, there are different periods of busy during which the rush to get the pints out has more importance than "proper" pouring, why assume you've seen the same man in comparative circumstance?

As far as I could see Guinness was only dispensed from 1 mobile dispense pump, definitely not at the counters, and I only saw 1 person working behind the mobile bar.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
ESU was awful yesterday, 2 or 3 tills weren't even manned plus the staff didn't really seem to know what they were doing and were extremely slow.

It was quite painful.

I ordered 3 different pies and drinks when we arrived at 1:40 and the whole process of ordering and finally paying took 10 minutes. :facepalm:

The mobile beer stand in the middle run out of everything 5 minutes into half time except bottles of Fosters, and the two serving made a sleeping man look quick.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
ESU ran out of the Spanish Pie by 2.30, which was a shame as it sounded nice. There seemed to be plenty left at the end though.

There was a very odd incident at half time where an alarm started going off and the shutters came down. A few people had to grab drinks Indiana Jones style as bemused queuers looked around and shrugged.

Well done the club for showing the game on the screens so I could finish my pint and watch the action.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
The guy in front of us in the queue noticed that the 'pint' glasses they were using in the central kiosk in WSL weren't actually all pint glasses?!! Hadn't noticed it before but some of them had a measured mark of 0.41 litres! One of our lot had got his pint earlier and his glass did appear larger and was marked as a pint. Might be worth keeping an eye out for this whichever way they pull your pint!!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The queues are definitely much much shorter in WSL now, is this down to better service or fewer people buying stuff this season ?

Faster dispensers in place, 5 seconds to fill a full pint of lager as opposed to last years 15? enormous difference when X by hundreds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here