Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Ref

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
At long,long last . A ref who has had enough of the pulling , hugging, throwing players to the ground at corners.
Maybe,just maybe this might just be a start to getting rid of the carnage that goes on at corners.
Pique is a dirty bastard anyway, and has got away with so much this World Cup....retribution . Such a shame that Paraguay missed the penalty!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He got it right with the Paraguay penalty.....he got it right with the Spain penalty.....he got it right about the penalty retake .

Is that a bad 5 minutes ???? Dont think so

1) Paraguay kick should have been retaken
2) Paraguay defender should have been sent off
3) Second penalty should have been awarded to Spain

Yeah, very good!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Its all very easy with TV replays

Spotting the number of Spain players in the box for the first penalty was a hell of a lot easier to see than the encroachment he spotted on the Spain pen.

The red card was a pretty straight forward decision

The foul on Fabregas was clear cut

I agree the commentators and pundits alike criticise refs far too often after watching numerous slow motion replays from different angles, but those 3 were so so basic

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
He's made 1 good decision. Please revise your thread

Excuse me...i wont revise my thread.
If you read my thread ..it says 'well done ref' , and is about the penalty that he gave for Piques pulling ,holding at the corner.It is one thing that i detest in football and i am thrilled that a ref has had the balls to give a penalty for it.
Its something that should have happened long before now.
My thread is not about his overall performance in the game.
As usual here, people go off at 180 dgs to the original thread , and we end up like this.
Im sorry i didnt do joined up writing ..i tried to keep it as simple as possible, but obviously with no success

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Excuse me...i wont revise my thread.
If you read my thread ..it says 'well done ref' , and is about the penalty that he gave for Piques pulling ,holding at the corner.It is one thing that i detest in football and i am thrilled that a ref has had the balls to give a penalty for it.
Its something that should have happened long before now.
My thread is not about his overall performance in the game.
As usual here, people go off at 180 dgs to the original thread , and we end up like this.
Im sorry i didnt do joined up writing ..i tried to keep it as simple as possible, but obviously with no success

I apologise for hijacking your point :(

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
and i only quoted that the ref was shocking. i didnt say you were wrong or anything of the sort. just that the ref was shit

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
and i only quoted that the ref was shocking. i didnt say you were wrong or anything of the sort. just that the ref was shit

And again....is not an answer to my original thread ,which was nothing about the ref being shit.

If i thought that, then my thread would have been titled..' What a shit ref'.....it wasnt !

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
it wasnt an answer to your post. your post did not contain any question. i was merely giving my opinion on the ref

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009

And is still not an answer to my original thread !!!!

You obviously dont think that the 'carnage' that goes at corners nowadays needs to be addressed ?
Isnt it about time that refs give a penalty for man handling an opponent to the ground ? Surely its the only way that this is going to stop ?...and he actually did it.. Terrific.
THAT is the only point i raised here tonight...and strangely is the only point that hasnt really been discussed !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here