Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Mr Perry

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nemesis said:
I hate to think what it would be like if we had a season ticket base like most Premiershite clubs...

We might have enough money to run a proper computer system, rather than the one that Martin Perry's Uncle Rodney knocked up on a Sinclair Spectrum.

Under those circumstances, and with those resources the club would run a completely different away scheme, as many matches would be oversubscribed, as opposed to one every couple of seasons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
This is getting tedious.

I'll repeat what I said on another thread.

The priority system was changed after the Spurs game to ensure that MORE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS got to future big cup games.

That is what is happening with the West Ham game.

MORE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ARE GOING TO WEST HAM THAN WENT TO SPURS.

It might be getting tedious to you LB but there are very clearly quite a few STH who are very annoyed at not getting one. Also the club made a dubious statement on the night of the Swansea game about this.

OK so more STH are going but their loyalty is still not fully rewarded.

But the proof will be in the renewals in two months or so.

Last edited:

Sep 18, 2003
I thought there might be a benefit to spending £450 a year upfront to watching the famous blue & white stripes. Obviously not.

For those that say
1) you get to watch the home games for £3.50 cheaper, I say the club are getting my money 6 months in advance.
2) You are guaranted a home cup ticket - I say thats why a large % buy a season ticket, and that a ticket to an away cup game was also reason for why a large % also bought.

Anyway, whats done is now done. I now have a choice as do 2000 other STH's.

Do I renew my ST? I have a good seat location, but on the otherhand if I didn;t renew, I could pick and choose my home games as the attendances are dropping like a stone. I could go to a lot more away games where the atmos is so much better. I don't have to find the £450 in one lumpsum. I get the same chance of ticket for big games as anyone else.

So do I renew? Does my love for the Albion outway the above clear advantages for not renewing.

From a club perspective, surely they would want my money in 3 months time - or not given the above ticketing policy. I'll decide in March when we are charging for the Play offs!!!!!!!!!:smokin:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Any Season Ticket Holder who doesn't renew JUST BECAUSE they didn't get a West Ham United ticket doesn't buy a season ticket for the right reason. Having said that, I think there will be hardly anyone going down this route. The suckers and flouncers already weeded themselves out years ago.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
as somebody that will certainly not be getting a season ticket, a; because i live in doncaster. and b; because i have spent most of the season out of the country. i think those that visit away games more often should be a ble to visit away cup games. those that visit home games more often should have 1st choice on home cup games.
as it happens i will not be able to go to this game, even though i would have liked to. as i have only been to a couple of away games this season. i have been 8000 miles away for the last 4 months. for me its a shame i cannot go. but i must understand that i do not have the option to go, and understand why.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
It might be getting tedious to you LB but there are very clearly quite a few STH who are very annoyed at not getting one. Also the club made a dubious statement on the night of the Swansea game about this.

But the proof will be in the renewals in two months or so.

FFS what does "fully rewarded" mean?

If there had been 1,000 tickets available for West Ham, and they had all gone to STH, no doubt you would be far happier.

There are other fans who are unhappy about not getting a ticket either, but they don't make veiled threats at the club about it. If you want the club to go bust, go ahead, and I am sure you will feel totally vindicated and superior as always.

You knew exactly what you got with your ST, if you did not like the terms, then you should not have bought one, or made your views known to the club about it months ago.

As it is, you come across as a

spoiltbastard.gif

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bez said:
STH should get first shout on any HOME cup games. Those who attend regular AWAY games should get first shout on any AWAY cup games

:clap:

Beach Hut said:
It will be a complete betrayal of thousands of non-season ticket holders if the system is changed again to ensure that ALL season ticket holders can get a ticket to a big game, and VERY FEW non-season ticket holders stand a chance of getting one.

Any system of queue management will penalise people who join the queue late. What is meant by "late" will always depend on the circumstances.

How, for example, should the Club have prioritised ticket sales if it had been us (and not Nottingham Forest) who drew Salisbury in the second round? [The allocation for away fans was 370 tickets].

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I,m not a season ticket holder, and won't be for a good few years yet, nad that will be when I stop playing myself. But I agree with the current STH that they should have priority for away tickets.

The club should stop believing STH will alwys be there come what may. After all like it or not, football is a business, so why piss off your customers? I think the WHU tickets should have gone to STH first, then away members, then everyone else. Because you happened to attend one random game, I fail to see why you should be given more chance of a ticket when a plum tie appears, than someone who watches every home match.

I want to know when we beat the bubble blowing Irons, and draw the peasants of Chelsea away, if the board will take a different approach to that game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very disappointed you resort to this insult El Pres especially as a moderator but there you go I am sure it will add votes for you in the moderator of the year poll.

I have said all along I will renew my seaon ticket and 2 others and my wife will buy a full one as well next season so no veiled threat from me however it would appear others are questioning their reasons for renewal when this happens.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lord Bracknell said:

How, for example, should the Club have prioritised ticket sales if it had been us (and not Nottingham Forest) who drew Salisbury in the second round? [The allocation for away fans was 370 tickets].
No first come first served. I don't think it matter if your a season ticket holder for one season, or 40 seasons. But I think STH's should have been the only ones offered the tickets. And I'm not a STH.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Very disappointed you resort to this insult El Pres especially as a moderator but there you go I am sure it will add votes for you in the moderator of the year poll.

I have said all along I will renew my seaon ticket and 2 others and my wife will buy a full one as well next season so no veiled threat from me however it would appear others are questioning their reasons for renewal when this happens.

I will happily apologise to you face to face if you are really offended (unlike your mate Ernest, who does not honour his comments), but if people only buy season tickets because of the possibility of a cup draw away from home within a 50 mile radius of home they are either

a) Blind, as nowhere in the small print of a ST does it state that such conditions apply

b) Mad, as we don't get such draws very often, so it seems bonkers to expect the club to set up a system on the off chance that we might.

I repeat my question however, how would you feel if West Ham only gave the Albion 1,000 tickets, they all went to STH, and you did not get one?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
As has been said before, whatever method is used to allocate tickets, there will always be those who end up disappointed (or in some cases angry!) where demand exceeds supply. I am fortunate in being one who did get a ticket. I have a season ticket and attend all away matches so I was in the "priority" group because I had a Millwall ticket stub. However, I can fully understand how people are upset that AMS members had such a high percentage of the allocation. There must be many who joined simply to go, for example, to the Play off finals and have never been since, but were still in with the chance of a ticket as there was presumably no way of differentiating between the "glory- seekers" and regular supporters.

I have a season ticket because I know that I will be regularly attending matches and because I like sitting in the same seat with people around who I know. I guess I'm a creature of habit! However, if I hadn't got a ticket, I would certainly have been gutted and would have felt hard done by, but would not refuse to renew my season ticket. I've been supporting the Albion for longer than I would like to mention and I certainly have every sympathy with and understand how those who regularly support the team must feel if they have missed out, especially to those who rarely put in an appearance at any matches, home or away.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mayfair Seagull said:
I'm a season ticket holder along with my father and brother. We travel down from London to home matches and also try to get to as many away games as possible.. we have done for the past ten years inc. the two seasons at Gillingham.

Living 50miles from Brighton, we found ourselves at the back of the queue for the play off final tickets- we had to queue for 9 HOURS to buy tickets, behind many people who had never even seen the Albion play!! That was bad enough, but we haven't been allocated tickets for the West Ham game despite sending off our application on the day of the ticketing announcement.. including 3 stubs!! This is simply unbelievable. The guys in the ticket office agree that STH are being screwed and said "all the away members have come out of the woodwork for the West Ham match". How can this be fair? Think carefully.. do you want the Albion to exist next season? Because our family for one are reconsidering our 1500 pound ticket purchase come March and there must be hundreds of others doing the same.

I really cant see any advantage in being a STH anymore....

Spot on mate, same for me as an outside of Sussex STH plus 3 others I sit with. Together we pay £2100+ each season up front and feel exactly the same as you; especially having reached an age where the strain of other commitments plus additional costs of getting to the game are really biting. Quite possibly the straw that's broken the camel's back. I think the fact that fans of other clubs I've bored with this saga just can't believe we have a ticket policy like the current one speaks volumes. But anyway, some on NSC think the club can just dismiss us as moaners.......obviously they've forgotten Preistfield, Hereford etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
I will happily apologise to you face to face if you are really offended (unlike your mate Ernest, who does not honour his comments), but if people only buy season tickets because of the possibility of a cup draw away from home within a 50 mile radius of home they are either

a) Blind, as nowhere in the small print of a ST does it state that such conditions apply

b) Mad, as we don't get such draws very often, so it seems bonkers to expect the club to set up a system on the off chance that we might.

I repeat my question however, how would you feel if West Ham only gave the Albion 1,000 tickets, they all went to STH, and you did not get one?

El Pres you have abused your position but so be it just to mock others.

Fine if there were 1000 tickets allocated to STH and I did not get one.

If memory serves me correct we had a ballot for Grimsby away which did start this resentment. Mind you I think you coiuld actually buy a ticket on the day in the end.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Safeway said:
Which is exactly why any STH who didn't get a ticket has got absolutely no-one to blame but themself for not getting their arse in gear.

:tosser:

There are an awful lot of STH who put their applications in on the Tuesday of the Swansea game who didn't get tickets.

Wouldn't blame them one bit if they didn't renew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here