Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done ICELAND

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wouldn't extend the ban on seedings to the tournament proper, although it would be a laugh.

In fact, get rid of seedings and the groupings altogether?

What if our next World Cup qualifying group was...

England
North Korea
Paraguay
Kenya
Italy
Cayman Islands

You seem to have forgotten that FIFA split the world up into areas ! Regardless, it would be fun for the qualifiers to be no seeds and no area groupings.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Can Iceland afford the air fares for the squad and staff?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
France will get the easiest draw possible. Platini will make sure of that.

That Platini somehow fixes every draw in favour of France is a total myth.

It's a FIFA tournament, not a UEFA one. If he really wanted to favour France, why were they in Pot 4 of the Finals draw for Euro 2012? Why did they get drawn together with Spain this time?

Ask most French football fans and they'll tell you that Platini is more interested in Italy, anyway.

Back to the original point - I would love to see Iceland get there. May they knock Greece it by a deflected goal in the 92nd minute of the second leg.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
3,000 Icelanders were in Oslo last night for that one - that's 1% of the population.

Have we ever taken 450,000 away? :jester:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Maybe I'm being horribly BORING but I WANT France to get there.

Sure, they aren't a world POWER any more but they are still a BIG nation with some lovely footballers. I WANT to see Benzema and Ribery at a world cup. Thats what it's all about!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
maybe i'm being horribly boring but i want france to get there.

Sure, they aren't a world power any more but they are still a big nation with some lovely footballers. I want to see benzema and ribery at a world cup. Thats what it's all about!

boring!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd lust like to add that a World Cup without ZLATAN would be like a bowl of cereal with RED TOP MILK.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So for me: Sweden, Iceland, Portugal & France please.

That would be delightful

All make a contribution to the FESTIVAL OF FOOTBALL.

Sweden - ZLATAN, Anders Svensson still going and BLONDES in the crowds. Lots of blondes.
Iceland - A wonderful achievement and good beards.
Portugal - The greasy one, turning up to ANOTHER tournament STILL without a striker and Pepe who will inevitably get sent off.
France - It's funny when they get knocked out.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hope Iceland make it, for reasons that escape me they were my non-England team of choice in various football games in the past (as Lincoln were my non-Albion choice).

My choice to go through would be Iceland, Romania, Greece and one other. Definitely not France though. Or Sweden, because Sweden are BORING.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
France are making an official complaint to FIFA about their seeding or lack of. I've no idea how it works, but their argument is that as they were in a group of 5 rather than 6, they've played less 'proper' matches than other countries and their ranking has suffered as a consequence. I really do hope they get Portugal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How anyone can say Sweden are boring when they have ZLATAN is beyond me.

And
Germany 4-4 Sweden (having been 4 down)
Sweden 3-5 Germany

What is so BORING about that?

But this is my thread and it is about ICELAND. Eidur Gudjonssen is enjoying a renaissence in his career and they have 4 other QUALITY attacking young players. Population 328,000.

PLEASE let them draw Greece and WIN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here