Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Froch!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Better than Froch at Super/Middleweight based on fighters I have seen personally

Joe Calzaghe
Chris Eubank
Tony Sibson
Alan Minter
Chris Finnegan
Michael Watson
Nigel Benn
Steve Collins
Herol Graham
Richie Woodhall
Glenn Catley

Froch beats them all bar calzaghe and Graham. Eubank vs froch is a tough one to call as is Watson. I think he out lasts and stops Benn late.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Better than Froch at Super/Middleweight based on fighters I have seen personally

Joe Calzaghe
Chris Eubank
Tony Sibson
Alan Minter
Chris Finnegan
Michael Watson
Nigel Benn
Steve Collins
Herol Graham
Richie Woodhall
Glenn Catley

Froch beats them all bar calzaghe and Graham. Eubank vs froch is a tough one to call as is Watson. I think he out lasts and stops Benn late.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Think Ward would win a rematch by split decision.

As for all time British . . . going on from what I have witnessed

1,Lennox Lewis
2,Calzaghe
3,Froch

Froch arguably has the best resume of any British boxer of the past twenty years. With victories over Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Kessler, Bute and Dirrell.

Calzaghe although a better fighter has fewer notable scalps.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Froch arguably has the best resume of any British boxer of the past twenty years. With victories over Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Kessler, Bute and Dirrell.

Calzaghe although a better fighter has fewer notable scalps.

Blimey now you are getting into deluded territory too, so what happened against Ward ? True greats don't get beat and as much as I dislike him Naseem beat far better ranked fighters than Froch

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Blimey now you are getting into deluded territory too, so what happened against Ward ? True greats don't get beat and as much as I dislike him Naseem beat far better ranked fighters than Froch

True greats don't get beat? That's ridiculous true greats come back from defeats which is what Froch done. Your statement suggests Ali, Leonard and Robinson aren't true greats in view of their loses.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Herrol Graham was winning the Julian Jackson fight until He got caught, Herrol Graham was A great fighter, He birthed that fight style all Wincobank Gym fighters use 2day...

Saying that Calzaghe is way overrated for Me, He slaps, and beat way over the hill RJJ, and Hopkins, in fact Hopkins has improved since Hes gone up to LHW...

I admit I never used to Be A fan until after the Super Six tournament, hes come on leaps and bounds since then, but the current Froch is ONE of the best fighters in the British SMW in recent times, no doubt He would of held his own in the 90s, his style would of gelled amazingly with Benn, Eubanks, Collins, Watson, Barkley, Mcclellan etc he take A better shot then all of them to and would of picked up some wins and maybe losses, but He would of been competing, as they all would of stand traded at somepoint during the fight...

It doesnt matter how many L's A fighter has if hes always in good fights, and fights everyone like Froch, all the greats of the old days had like 6 losses on the records, it wasnt until TV companies started putting emphasis on unbeaten record of promotional bollocks people where scared to fight and lose...

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
True greats don't get beat and as much as I dislike him Naseem beat far better ranked fighters than Froch

All great fighters lose, off the top these all time great fighters who have lost, some like 6 or 9 or more fights...

Robinson (GOAT)
Ali
Archie Moore
Jake La Motta
Carmen Basilio
Duran
Leonard
Hagler
Hearns
Jack Johnson
Ezzard Charles
Sam Langford
Willie Pep
Bob Fitzsimmons
Fraiser
Liston
Foreman
Harry Grebb
Barerra
Chavez

And Naz never fought as higher level fighters as Froch, I like Naz, but no chance, He fought A Barerra in his prime and got his heart taken from him and only fought one journeyman after that and quit... The only other top level fighter He fought was Kevin Kelly, Paul Ingle and Mcullough...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Good wind ups and not as silly you hope it sounds

Groves looks very good so far.

You don't know how good Groves is, looked very impressive last night and beat De Gale when nobody on here (except me) gave him a chance. Froch now is nearly 36 so must be in physical decline and the wars he has had can catch up very quickly whilst Groves is fresh and can hit hard.

I think Froch will go down the Hopkins route next or Kessler 3 and avoid Groves like the plague.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here