NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]338534965446860801[/tweet]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And if he fights Andre Ward again he gets his ears boxed off him. I think it is only me who has any pugilistic knowledge on here, having a fight to see who is the best No.2 Super/middleweight in the world is no big deal.

Froch should retire then. What a loser.

For all those REAL fight FANS out there....... What a tear up. Froch versus Ward 2 is a definite I would say now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think Ward would win a rematch by split decision.

As for all time British . . . going on from what I have witnessed

1,Lennox Lewis
2,Calzaghe
3,Froch

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think you must be on drugs, Froch is not in the top 100 of all the time great British fighters and you have a Canadian at no. 1 ???

Yes drugs but not at the moment.

lol not top 100 , dont tell me , you'd have Bruno top ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
What an epic fight, super props to both of them, wow, great to see the respect to... I be honest i thought Froch would ko rounds 6-12 after the Green and Mcgee fights, but Kessler proved he still had it in him... Im A massive Kessler fan so Im glad He went the distance without hit the deck... What tribute to boxing that fight was, its always hard for A rematch to live up to A great first fight, letnlone out do it...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Better than Froch at Super/Middleweight based on fighters I have seen personally

Joe Calzaghe
Chris Eubank
Tony Sibson
Alan Minter
Chris Finnegan
Michael Watson
Nigel Benn
Steve Collins
Herol Graham
Richie Woodhall
Glenn Catley

I would rank him easily top 5 on that list.

This was a better fight than Calzaghe v Kessler even though I felt Kessler was a bigger puncher back then. Calzaghe thought his way out of a hole, changed style around round 8 to avoid the big right hand and boxed his way to victory.

Froch v Benn would have been a fantastic tear up, but surely Froch's ability to take a punch would have seen him prevail there ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would rank him easily top 5 on that list.

This was a better fight than Calzaghe v Kessler even though I felt Kessler was a bigger puncher back then. Calzaghe thought his way out of a hole, changed style around round 8 to avoid the big right hand and boxed his way to victory.

Froch v Benn would have been a fantastic tear up, but surely Froch's ability to take a punch would have seen him prevail there ?

From that list , Calzaghe beats him. Froch beats the rest but a pre Watson Eubank would be very hard to call. Collins was quite smart so could give him problems. Benn he'd take later rounds when Benns punched himself out

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
SKY hyped up Froch as they had PPV's to sell, whilst it was a decent fight and Kessler fought better than most gave him credit for there is no way that Froch is an all time great. The loss and performance against Ward dictates his place in history unless he smashes Ward up in a rematch.

Unless you beat a great fighter like Ward or you remain undefeated like Calzaghe did then there is no way that you can be compared to an all time great.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Better than Froch at Super/Middleweight based on fighters I have seen personally

Joe Calzaghe
Chris Eubank
Tony Sibson
Alan Minter
Chris Finnegan
Michael Watson
Nigel Benn
Steve Collins
Herol Graham
Richie Woodhall
Glenn Catley

Just out of interest what are your pugilistic credentials, Rob McCracken would disagree quite strongly with your assessment. I think Richie Woodhall would too. Herol Graham o really guess you dont remember the Julian Jackson fight.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Even in the ranks of World Super/middleweight fights with British fighters it doesn't rank highly, above Benn v McClellan, Benn v Eubank 1, Benn v Watson 2, Calzaghe v Eubank, Benn v Barkley, etc

Firstly there was no Benn vs Watson 2 and last nights fight is defintely above Calzaghe vs Eubank which was pretty one sided. Benn vs Barkley was a one round fight so again I can't see how that's placed above froch vs Kessler 2.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Firstly there was no Benn vs Watson 2 and last nights fight is defintely above Calzaghe vs Eubank which was pretty one sided. Benn vs Barkley was a one round fight so again I can't see how that's placed above froch vs Kessler 2.

Yes but the man with CAPITALS is the fount of all boxing knowledge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here