Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Well done boris!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It seems you have more faith in our fellow man (well, our fellow Brits) than me. .

I think I do. Hopefully not misplaced!

We shall never know what might have happened with an abrupt early lockdown.

We can see the numbers in other countries to understand what might have happened.

However governing is easy with the benefit of hindsight. I just wish here was more honesty.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think you are dishing out plenty of blame in post 54, points that may be correct or not only time will tell.

However, what we do know today, as an irrefutable fact, is that the regulatory policies of the Labour Party under Blair/Brown on the financial services sector in the lead up to 2008 (with the collapse of Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley et al) were negligent. Furthermore, the wholesale use of PFI has saddled the taxpayers with debt to private enterprises for decades, and its effect on the NHS in particular is crippling.

So, spread the blame fairly..........there are plenty of reasons why they have not been in power since.

Does it show that I think that Boris and his cabinet of bumbling yes-men (and women) have not dealt with the current situation very well.

The subsequent post(s) were merely to answer the point about people's political leanings influencing their judgement of a Prime Minister. The apportioning of blame was not on my agenda. I take your point about the effect of PFI in particular.

But to make the point another way, my judgement of Boris and his performance is less to do with him being a conservative and more to do with the fact that he is a lying two-faced dishonest over-ambitious overly libertarian egotistical philanderer. In other words, I don't like him in the least and I would not trust him as far as I could throw him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
EXACTLY which is why people like you and me vote for Boris because he will get virus done and im very happy for him and one of his girlfriends having a baby it gives the nation something to smile about

Why on earth does it give 'the nation something to smile about'. I couldn't give a monkey's that a rich privileged serial cheat, who I have never met, and don't know, is having yet another child. Why would it make me smile?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Who would have thought, when the op first started this thread about a newborn baby boy, so many triggered remainiac, lefty shills would get so moist around the gusset.
Marvellous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who would have thought, when the op first started this thread about a newborn baby boy, so many triggered remainiac, lefty shills would get so moist around the gusset.
Marvellous.

As was posted elsewhere " If a man living in a council house had had a string of illegitimate kids, had an affair while his wife was having cancer treatment and then got a woman 23 years his junior pregnant absolutely nobody would call this a heartwarming story "..... in fact he would probably end up on The Jeremy Kyle Show. Strange how some people can view things ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
As was posted elsewhere " If a man living in a council house had had a string of illegitimate kids, had an affair while his wife was having cancer treatment and then got a woman 23 years his junior pregnant absolutely nobody would call this a heartwarming story "..... in fact he would probably end up on The Jeremy Kyle Show. Strange how some people can view things ?

Maybe so, but does that justify those saying similar about BJ? What right do we have to judge others?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Marvellous.

One doesn’t have to be a leftie to dislike and distrust Boris.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Marvellous.

Do you ever post without using cliches?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Edit : Forgot to add that he had a 4 year affair while married, his girlfriend had to have an abortion and when questioned about it lied and was sacked as Tory vice chairman and shadow arts minister.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Edit : Forgot to add that he had a 4 year affair while married, his girlfriend had to have an abortion and when questioned about it lied and was sacked as Tory vice chairman and shadow arts minister.

And these are the cases we know about........

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Marvellous.

Hope the happy couple call the boy Albion ... :whistle:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Can’t believe we have this lunatic IC of our country, stupid electorate....

Indeed, and with advance apologies to TB for the cliche, they say lightning doesn’t strike twice, but America and then here; has that ever happened in two ‘first world’ countries at the same time before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here