Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Bloom/Burke

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We unloaded some back-ups too which is good business. Certain high wage, poor players (when to palarse it's even more satisfying) and improved first team. Cracking window :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How people can complain when it seems TB has held firm against offers today totalling around eight million quid is beyond me.

It's not that long ago we were happy with £150,000 or so fees for our players-the worm has definitely turned. Thanks Mr Bloom.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great to have kept Bridcutt and Ulloa. I think people underestimate how important Bridcutt is to us as regards tempo and when he and CMS are back I think we'll be in a good place.

The other thing about this window is QPR. Many Prem clubs would have loved to bring in Assou-Ekotto, Carroll and Krancjar. After tonight I think they've just guaranteed themselves the title.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm absolutely ecstatic that we kept hold of Bridcutt, Ulloa and Barnesy. Kept the core of the Squad entirely together, now for the season ahead with maybe a Loan Striker coming in on the Loan Window then we will be fine.

Well done TB and Burke. :clap2:

Couldn't agree more. If we'd have had Ulloa last season we would have strolled into second and likely would have challenged Cardiff - this year will be more of a challenge as it is a stronger division.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Vicente is still free! Lol.

Even without loan signings, our squad is good enough for a playoff challenge!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Most disappointing part of this transfer window was news that CMS's comeback will be delayed by another 6 weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play with Ulloa.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Most disappointing part of this transfer window was news that CMS's comeback will be delayed by another 6 weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play with Ulloa.

I think they're just friends

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How people can complain when it seems TB has held firm against offers today totalling around eight million quid is beyond me.

This needs to be emblazoned across the top of Nsc. EIGHT million pounds was offered for our players and we turned it down so they will still be here. We turned a massive corner yesterday.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Couldn't agree more. If we'd have had Ulloa last season we would have strolled into second and likely would have challenged Cardiff - this year will be more of a challenge as it is a stronger division.

It is difficult to compare this season with last. I agree that had we had the potent strike capability that Ulloa provides for the whole of last season then an additional four points would have been probable.

That was with GP's 'system' though, this year we have a new manager in OG with his own methods so the two are not directly comparable.

One thing I am fairly sure of is that we will score more goals than we did last season but that doesn't necessarily translate into more points!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Loan striker in, then sing the praises of TB and DB. At the moment, its job nearly done, but not quite. Letting Ulloa and/or Bridcutt go to Palace would have been football and commercial suicide. Turning those offers down was hardly heroic IMHO.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Where has our squad declined in quality, a slight downgrade at LB but big upgrades in CM with Agustein and Andrews.

I think we're better off than last year overall, but at the moment i'm not sure Agustein's an improvement on Sparrow let alone Hammond

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here