Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Barber

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Cracking atmosphere? Are you having a laugh? The atmosphere on the tv sounded awful and like being at a morgue.
Perhaps you should have been at the game then!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It can't be a coincidence that the atmosphere was great today and loads of whingers were watching on their sofas.

They should stay away more often.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why is it well done Barber???????? What the f*** did he have to do with the attendance. Unless you are congratulating him for maximising profit, which seems an odd thing to do.

How about well done to the 19000ish Albion fans and 2000ish geordies who forked out top dollar to watch a game just after christmas.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking at some of those attendances they are shocking.

I wonder what sort of prices there would have been not live and say Huddersfield at home ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It can't be a coincidence that the atmosphere was great today and loads of whingers were watching on their sofas.

They should stay away more often.

Indeed, also seemed to be fewer empty seats at 90 minutes too :whistle:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We had the most attractive fixture in that list by a long long way. Especially considering our clubs recent history and lack of top flight opposition over the years.

If we had any of the other opponents on that list I believe we would still have had far more than the 2nd best

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What an utterly pointless thread.

- We have the highest average attendance in the division anyway
- Precisely THREE of those games were against Premiership opposition and two of those were two of the least attractive

Now list that attendance figure against all our other home games this season....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we had any of the other opponents on that list I believe we would still have had far more than the 2nd best

And in the interest of balance this is also true I would think. However it's baffling that we can sell out against Watford and not Newcastle.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Amazingly, there were 15 home ties for Championship teams today.

Some of the attendances were real shockers:

21740Brighton v Newcastle
14463 Leicester v Burton
13693 Palace v Stoke
13198 Peterborough v Norwich
12370 Middlesborough v Hastings
12204 Bolton v Sunderland
11740 Derby v Tranmere
11462 Sheffield Wed v MK Dons
11447 Leeds v Birmingham
11293 Nottm Forest v Oldham
8585 Hull v Orient
6657 Charlton v Huddesfield
5364 Millwall v Preston
5091 Barnsley v Burnley
5054 Blackburn v Bristol City

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, cracking attendance, living the dream, so glad I went.

Thinking about it, this actually throws up an intersting sociological debate about the current demographic of the Amex crowd and about football in general. Also about how much Barber will be able to milk us based on the amount of disposable cash the locals have. From his point of view he is definitely getting it right, but it just worries me that we are going to end up alienating our more traditional support.

We live in one of the affluent areas of the country, and it seems that alot of the Amex JCLs are more than willing to part with their cash. Compare that to one of the northern shitholes listed above, for example blackburn where most of the population are unemployed, and it's no wonder that the locals aren't turning up. People just can't afford it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What an utterly pointless thread.

- We have the highest average attendance in the division anyway
- Precisely THREE of those games were against Premiership opposition and two of those were two of the least attractive

Now list that attendance figure against all our other home games this season....

And pointless comments from you. We beat the nearest by over 7000. Why don't the moaning stay aways just admit it. The club was right with the prices and made more money than expected. I bet if we were playing the jcl's teams (manure or chelski) we would have had a sell out and suddenly the funds would have been found to buy their so over the top ticket price.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Why is it well done Barber???????? What the f*** did he have to do with the attendance. Unless you are congratulating him for maximising profit, which seems an odd thing to do.

How about well done to the 19000ish Albion fans and 2000ish geordies who forked out top dollar to watch a game just after christmas.

Don't be so obtuse.

I do think that it was well done of 19000 of us and 2000 Geordies who paid top Pound to watch a game, it's what fans do to support their team but that's beside the point

In spite of all the moaning minnies on here, the attendance was great and the income will help Brighton secure better players (which a lot of the moaning minnies on here are particularly hung up about) so Barber got it right.

TB hired Barber, Barber is TB's man and the pricing will have been agreed by TB (repetition I know but appreciation of irony clearly isn't your strong suite) so knocking Barber is simply knocking Tony Bloom. Why should he keep dipping his hands into his pockets to fund our new ground and our new training facilities and our expensive new players?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't be so obtuse.

I do think that it was well done of 19000 of us and 2000 Geordies who paid top Pound to watch a game, it's what fans do to support their team but that's beside the point

In spite of all the moaning minnies on here, the attendance was great and the income will help Brighton secure better players (which a lot of the moaning minnies on here are particularly hung up about) so Barber got it right.

TB hired Barber, Barber is TB's man and the pricing will have been agreed by TB (repetition I know but appreciation of irony clearly isn't your strong suite) so knocking Barber is simply knocking Tony Bloom. Why should he keep dipping his hands into his pockets to fund our new ground and our new training facilities and our expensive new players?

Well put.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
And lets not forget that the club pocketed £125K of ITV's money for being a live game, so a few thousand tickets sales down won't really make a difference.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And pointless comments from you. We beat the nearest by over 7000. Why don't the moaning stay aways just admit it. The club was right with the prices and made more money than expected. I bet if we were playing the jcl's teams (manure or chelski) we would have had a sell out and suddenly the funds would have been found to buy their so over the top ticket price.

I am certain if tickets were cheaper we would have sold out and made more money. There were six and a half thousand empty seats when we normally almost sell out. Almost all the other clubs on that list come NO WHERE NEAR to selling out almost every league game and most were playing crap teams so the comparison is the sort an utter fuckwit would make. The club got it wrong, we should sell out against a club that finished in the European places last season and are in the biggest ten clubs in the country. If the price was right being on TV would be an irrelavance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here