Well done Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
All I heard was that drawn out Aaaaaalbiiion at a very low drawl. Didn't seem to be any passion coming from the crowd, compare that to the Mansfield fans yesterday where their fans made more noise and real passion was shown.

a. You were watching Brighton on the box so there is no value whatsoever in your appreciation of the atmosphere at the Amex.
b. That's amazing about the noise at Mansfield isn't it, who'd have thought a conference league crowd would be up for an FA cup game against Premier league Liverpool?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The atmosphere at the game was very good and just added to the enjoyment of the day. It was interesting to note that the biggest gaps in the ground seemed to be in £28 seats with the 'overpriced' east stand practically full. Nearly 22,000 for a game against familiar opposition live on free to air tv was a terrific result for the Albion, I cannot see it any other way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Talksport this morning had a relevant article. The following clubs received universal approval for their pricing policies this weekend encouraging more fans for the future and aiding the less well of:

Ston vs Chelsea - from £25 for adults, and from £10 for kids.

That's enlightened thinking. Respect.

And ours - from £28 for Adults, and from £4 for kids, both including free travel.

What is your point?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was MUCH quieter on TV than being at the game. Superb atmosphere, "there's only one Liam Bridcutt" at the final whistle was DEAFENING, yet sounded like a dull murmur on the TV watching it back.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
We had the most attractive fixture in that list by a long long way. Especially considering our clubs recent history and lack of top flight opposition over the years.

Bolton Sunderland would have been similar

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Never mind the gate- which was pretty good, I think.

Did anybody else at the game notice today how few moaning bastards were at the stadium?

Yes, and did you compare it to the same round last year (when prices were reduced and we weren't on TV)? There was no atmosphere then (apart from a bad one) and the team was booed off the pitch from some idiots behind me after we could only draw with Wrexham.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
*sigh*

Once again I see we need to step though this in baby steps.

- A 'big six*' game will sell out no matter what as would have Palace.
- A game against most other Premier League opposition would sell out if not on television.

- A game against most other Premier League opposition will not sell out if live on TV and not discounted. QED.

This is why the club priced Newcastle incorrectly...

*Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs

It may have been your argument, however a few on here put it down to price and nothing to do with who we were playing. A lot of people said that they would not pay £28+ pound to see a premiership club. I agree that a factor was who we were playing. Because again £28 was not a huge amount of money. A lot of STHs thought that they should only be asked to pay the same as there ST per match. I suspect now that will be the argument

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports