Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/617...-skate-park-after-men-approached-young-girls/

Extra police patrols at Tenby skate park after ‘men approached young girls

CONCERNED locals in Tenby have taken to social media to write about concerns of inappropriate behaviour – between males they think may have been asylum seekers currently housed at Penally Army Camp – and young girls in Tenby.

The police have said they are investigating the matter.

Witnesses have said that young girls have been approached by males while at the skate park in Tenby.

The Home Office has said that the camp will be used to house up to 250 male asylum seekers whilst their claims are processed due to a shortage of alternative accommodation, caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Reports circulating on Facebook have claimed to have direct knowledge that male residents of the camp have been talking and exchanging contact information with local school girls, some suggesting that they were in school uniform when talking with the men.

However, the police have not confirmed that that is the case – it remains an unproved allegation.

One local claimed on Facebook: “So tonight a few of us concerned local parents decided to go to Tenby skate park.

“As we got there two young girls where sat on a bench waiting for someone.

“Some kids told us they were the ones talking to the men yesterday exchanging Snap Chat details and stuff.

Then the men from the day before turned up… saw us and scurried off down the beach.

“The two girls then quickly wandered off.

“These girls were about 14.”

One resident had stated that they had reported the incidents he had seen and heard to the local police station, he claimed that an officer told him they were in talks with Greenhill School about the incidents.

Pembrokeshire County Council said that they are unable to comment on the alleged incidents, however a spokesman told The Herald in a statement: “All I would say is that our schools regularly advise pupils not to engage with strangers.”

Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed they are investigating two alleged incidents at the skate park, and have been in contact with the local schools.

A police spokesperson told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “We have received two reports of alleged inappropriate behaviour at the skate park in Tenby and are looking to speak to the people who contacted us.
“In the meantime the skate park is now part of our patrol plans and we have linked in with local schools to reinforce the School Beat Stay SMART online messaging.”

All of that may be true. None of it may be true. Read that again, it’s nothing more than some residents interpretation of what they thought they have seen.
But of course, all reports should be investigated. Regardless of where the alleged perpetrators are from.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Awesome that so many hotels that would have gone out of business during COVID have been given a lifeline by housing vulnerable people.
Well done to the government for brokering this win/win arrangement, saving British business and jobs.

BUT they are brown people ffs

Jan 30, 2008
Awesome that so many hotels that would have gone out of business during COVID have been given a lifeline by housing vulnerable people.
Well done to the government for brokering this win/win arrangement, saving British business and jobs.

I wonder how many in there have got the free house they were waiting for:rolleyes: , time wasters poncing off the country makes a lot of people very angry
regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
BUT they are brown people ffs

Sorry! I forget.

In all the hotels I have experience of that are housing the homeless through
Covid and the ones that are housing refugees, they are certainly not “living in luxury”.

They haven’t opened up the spa and they’re not serving up luxury food. The most basic of facilities have been made available for the temporary residents.

Hotels lend themselves for this purpose as they have plenty of bed space, hygiene and cooking facilities, and communal areas. Using hotels saves a lot of money that would have been spent on purpose built facilities.

And as I say, businesses have been saved through this arrangement.

But as you say, these are brown people so that overrides all sense.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder how many in there have got the free house they were waiting for:rolleyes: , time wasters poncing off the country makes a lot of people very angry
regards
DF

Making a lot of racist Gammony Thickets furious. Oh well.

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry! I forget.

In all the hotels I have experience of that are housing the homeless through
Covid and the ones that are housing refugees, they are certainly not “living in luxury”.

They haven’t opened up the spa and they’re not serving up luxury food. The most basic of facilities have been made available for the temporary residents.

Hotels lend themselves for this purpose as they have plenty of bed space, hygiene and cooking facilities, and communal areas. Using hotels saves a lot of money that would have been spent on purpose built facilities.

And as I say, businesses have been saved through this arrangement.

But as you say, these are brown people so that overrides all sense.
can't think why the Government are putting them in old Army camps now can you , do you think someone's complained about the Hotel arrangements ???
regards
DF

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How many illegal migrants were making a illegal crossing to get here?
Regards
DF

None. It is not illegal no matter how much you want it to be.

Eh. None?
Not one single person has crossed the channel illegally, entered the country illegally and deliberately evaded the authorities and disappeared to god knows where?
How do you know?
How can you be so sure every single person crossing the channel illegally presents themselves to the authorities on arrival and makes a claim for asylum?
Are you counting everyone exiting France in a clandestine manner and arriving here or just being astonishingly naïve?

So are we right to assume that people don't have an issue with refugees per se, just how they got here?

So we have some common ground in that we should provide safer means for them to get here

The safest means for obtaining legal assistance in the UK, for the most vulnerable of refugees is already in place. Other countries utilise it as well. It is via the UNHCR with their Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Schemes and Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Schemes for already processed refugees from their refugee camps. These prioritise the most vulnerable who need the most help.
It is a safe option which does away with your apologist approach for people traffickers and ridiculous support for migrants to make perilous journeys just so you can shout “refugees welcome” and feel all fuzzy inside.

If your primary thought was for the welfare of registered and established refugees you would protest vehemently against smuggler gangs who brutalise and rape migrants and treat them like a commodity to trade in, you would not encourage migrants to make it to Europe by any means necessary which can be via the back of suffocating lorries, death-trap dinghies and unseaworthy boats.

But people like you don’t protest this vulgarity, you close your eyes and wash your hands.

You and your ilk are nasty little dangerous *****.
Sleep well. Im sure you will

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Your problem is your simple notion of culture. It has changed from we all eat food to we all talk the same language. Culture is more than that. The further back in time we go, the greater the difference in culture of the countries that form these Isles.

Whether or not they were pressed or volunteered doesn't really matter. They came from a different cultural backgrounds.

No they didn’t and you couldn’t be more wrong. On HMS Victory in 1805 it’s sailors (and broadly its officers) backgrounds would be culturally similar regardless of nationality. That would be particularly true of those from English speaking countries.

This is 1805, not 2020, the industrial revolution was underway in Britain and Europe and the populations in both were fundamentally Christian and largely poor. Disease with malnutrition was the norm and life expectancy low.

The cultural traditions of Europe (and it’s colonies) would have been anchored in Christian holy-days and festivals that would only be different through the sectarian paradigm.

What cultural differences do you think existed in 1805 on HMS victory, do you think the British sailors marvelled at the Brazilians’ ball juggling skills, the Indians’ musical abilities with pipes and snakes?

As for whether volunteers and pressed men matters, I think Nelson said give me 1 volunteer for 3 pressed men so it did matter, unless you are saying he didn’t know what he was talking about?

But I dare say that won’t matter to you because these matters are beyond your capacity to comprehend.

Monkey see, Monkey do is your limit Grizzler.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think you have got this quite wrong and are coming at it with the attitude of “don’t start digging around in history, everyone that didn’t anything of note was British white”. I don’t think truth or the correction of history to reflect that, interests you. In short, the multicultural history of Britain threatens you.

Think what you like I am merely challenging a developing orthodoxy around the multicultural attributes of them men serving on HMS Victory in 1805. I am presenting facts and balance in that debate. I don’t accept there were 22 nationalities on board in 1805 for a number of reasons, including the fact that some of the nationalities represented did not exist.

I don’t accept that those from US, Canada and the British isles (including the IoM) had different cultural backgrounds, it was the opposite, in 1805 they would have shared the same cultural background.

No one is presenting examples in response of what these different cultural values were?

It’s like some people need to learn that in 1805, for the poor there was some long-standing Christian traditions orbiting around their ability to live. Not much else.

What cultural differences were there between shit poor illiterate people from a burgeoning industrial cities in England with those in Scotland?

It’s interesting that you bring race into the debate though, throughout I am referencing culture, there is a difference. Was 1805 Britain predominantly white, of course it was, so was Europe. That’s not controversial is it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So everyone's perfectly happy with illegal migrants being put up and fed three times a day in Hotels around the country , really ???

Are we using the actual definition of "illegal" or your batshit and basically wrong definition of "illegal"?

Jan 30, 2008
You numptys do realise the Government decided to end the voucher scheme for free meals and have given another £1000 in universal credit, also school children still get their free school meals in the meantime illegal migrants get three meals a day at the tax payers expense
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You numptys do realise the Government decided to end the voucher scheme for free meals and have given another £1000 in universal credit, also school children still get their free school meals in the meantime illegal migrants get three meals a day at the tax payers expense

The issue is what happens when the kids aren't in school. You've not been paying attention, have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here